Justice catches up with UK fugitive after six years on the run in Thailand

webfact

It is the average UK persons duty to look after himself financially wherever possible, MPs do it with their jobs on the side, fiddled expenses etc, etc.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Off thread, I know, but if you support the principle of professional politicians then you support the principle of having politicians that know nothing about the "real world". Having what you call "jobs on the side" is just part of the experience that should make them good representatives of the people.

I agree, we should all support ourselves financially, where possible, but I would add "by legal means". MPs who fiddled expenses were let off lightly although some lost their seats and steps have been taken to prevent this happening again.

It is the average UK persons duty to look after himself financially wherever possible, MPs do it with their jobs on the side, fiddled expenses etc, etc.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Off thread, I know, but if you support the principle of professional politicians then you support the principle of having politicians that know nothing about the "real world". Having what you call "jobs on the side" is just part of the experience that should make them good representatives of the people.

I agree, we should all support ourselves financially, where possible, but I would add "by legal means". MPs who fiddled expenses were let off lightly although some lost their seats

and steps have been taken to prevent this happening again

Well if the UK can afford the MPs 11% payrise, all that overseas aid, keep all these immigrants etc, etc, etc. then why should the average UK citizen not take any advantages like paying as less tax as he can.

and steps have been taken to prevent this happening again, do you really believe that? They still have their noses in the trough.

I suppose you also believe what Cameron said "we are all in this together? Wise up mate.

Never mind that the government is stealing billions from the end users.

If you steal from them, they will go after you hammer and tong.

Good chance he was ratted out because no smoker is going to lag him if they are getting smokes at the right price.

Please don't speak to me about right and wrong without first asking yourself if it is ok to steal from a thief.

No need to speak to you about anything, evidently. You got it all figured out.

I agree they are everywhere in plain sight. Not that hard to spot. On their forehead in big red letters FOREIGN CRIMINAL !

Thailand is a big haven for criminals of all sorts color and creed, if you grab Thailand and shake her,

you be amazed how many crocks will fall out, people that you didn't thing that they were criminals

and fugitive from justice, it can be your friend from the bar or pub, next door neighbor or even your

brother in law.. such is the magnitude of the throve of criminals hiding in Thailand and most

in plain sight....

Another in a long line of vicitimless crimes, eh?

The UK taxpayer was the victim - he chose to ignore his legal requirement to pay tax, thus taking money from the system that, rightly, would have gone to the exchequer and benefited the country at large.

Please tell me you are being humorous.

I agree they are everywhere in plain sight. Not that hard to spot. On their forehead in big red letters FOREIGN CRIMINAL !

Thailand is a big haven for criminals of all sorts color and creed, if you grab Thailand and shake her,

you be amazed how many crocks will fall out, people that you didn't thing that they were criminals

and fugitive from justice, it can be your friend from the bar or pub, next door neighbor or even your

brother in law.. such is the magnitude of the throve of criminals hiding in Thailand and most

in plain sight....

A matter of opinion I suppose.

According to many people I would be a major international master criminal. I just wonder where all the money went.

Too much hollywood I think.

Oh, I wonder, is your boss in Petchabun a short little man who drives a black mercedes?

Good chance he was ratted out because no smoker is going to lag him if they are getting smokes at the right price.

Please don't speak to me about right and wrong without first asking yourself if it is ok to steal from a thief.

No need to speak to you about anything, evidently. You got it all figured out.

Thank you.

It is so nice to receive such a compliment.

The UK taxpayer was the victim - he chose to ignore his legal requirement to pay tax, thus taking money from the system that, rightly, would have gone to the exchequer and benefited the country at large.

Yes, it would certainly have gone some way towards paying for some MP's fraudulent expense claims!

Please tell me you are being humorous.

Not at all - I don't make any claim that the government spends taxation wisely, but in a climate where the Chancellor is using the excuse that the cupboard is bare in order to prosecute his ideologically driven persecution of working class people, every penny withheld from the exchequer gives him further justification to urinate metaphorically on those who weren't born multi-millionaires.

Yes, it would certainly have gone some way towards paying for some MP's fraudulent expense claims!

But that same pot of cash goes to pay for hospitals and teachers and all the things we really need to keep society bearable for the majority. Don't withhold your legislated contributions because a small number of amoral people exploit it, or the situation gets worse for the majority.

If any UK taxpayer can do anything to enhance his livelihood at the expense of the government, then good luck to him.

The UK taxpayer could have voted for a decent government instead of this shower of lying, multi-millionaire sh!te. But that is who they chose and we have to live with it, as will our kids, their kids etc.

But it is not stealing from a thief, it is stealing from a very important fund that, unfortunately, our government is also stealing from - fix the problem of government legal and illegal corruption, but don't advocate avoiding contributing because as long as we have politicians who put themselves first, they will always be sitting pretty regardless of what goes astray.

If any UK taxpayer can do anything to enhance his livelihood at the expense of the government, then good luck to him.

The UK taxpayer could have voted for a decent government instead of this shower of lying, multi-millionaire sh!te. But that is who they chose and we have to live with it, as will our kids, their kids etc.

How right you are, but Labour are even worse than the Tories, at least the Tories don't say they are the party of the working class, they are all capitalist sh!te.

Avoiding tax is a duty. Why fund corruption and genocide in Africa. Why give Pakistan and India,both wealthy nuclear powers our tax money?

And how do you justify going to war and spending billions tax papers money without looking after their health care, jobs and social security?

sounds like easy money 1.77 million pounds for 2years 11 inside

That figure of 1.77 million is what the TAXMAN lost and not the profit he made. If you take how much he actually made and then divide it up between all those involved the amount he got was very little. Ripping off the taxman is about the one thing that will guarantee you getting at least some jail time. nearly every other offence gets you a slap on the wrist

He might be saying 'Oh, well; it was great in Thailand while it lasted'. Mind you, there is quite a chance he'll be back to live in Thailand about 3 years later.

He will be out in less than a year mate. The sentencing here is a complete joke and the prisons, if you can call them that are just holiday clubs for criminals to get a break away from the wife and kids and have a bit of a laugh with the boys