Tour bus overturns injuring 24 tourist in Ratchaburi province

webfact

Tour Bus Overturns Injuring 24 Tourist in Ratchaburi Province

RATCHABURI – Twenty-two people were injured when their tour bus overturned in a ditch in Ratchaburi’s Photharam district on Thursday afternoon, there were 34 people on board.

Pol Lt Pradit Khongprem, a duty officer at Photharam police station said the coach was returning from Damnoen Saduak floating market when the driver lost control while overtaking another vehicle, careering into the ditch.

Police and rescue workers found many tourists trapped in the overturned coach but all were rescued.

The injured passengers and the injured Thai driver were rushed to Photharam Hospital.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/tour-bus-overturns-injuring-24-tourist-in-ratchaburi-province.html

-- CHIANGRAI TIMES 2015-10-30

I see they now sell "Overturn Bus Insurance" for an extra 400 baht.

oh, come on, nobody in the accident reads TV.

but just in case i'm wrong......get well soon!!!

High-season starting......this could be a pinned thread, "Bus Overturned"

Usually it's brake failure - maybe overlooked in this instance but surely it will feature in any investigation (that's assuming there is any investigation).

Did the driver do a runner?

Usually it's brake failure - maybe overlooked in this instance but surely it will feature in any investigation (that's assuming there is any investigation).

So the driver couldn't do a runner?

Edited by Artisi

"The injured passengers and the injured Thai driver were rushed to Photharam Hospital."

The first question the driver asked when regaining consciousness was if his 2 cases of Red Bull under his seat got damaged.

Edited by jaltsc

I really don't understand how this happens time and time again and nothing is ever done about it. It is so easily preventable to check the vehicles and drivers are fit for the road. Its gross negligence in my mind and shows how little some people care for the people of Thailand.

you just need to see the convoys of tour buses here in Rayong overtaking everything and hogging the outside lane bullying most vehicles on the road sometimes with a traffic police vehicle riding shotgun for them.

Soon the big travelcompany's from Europe will bring their own drivers and maybe even have their own buses.

Joke of the week. Can you ever envisage the Thai government allowing buses and drivers who "do not understand Thailand" being let loose on Thai roads.

Can anyone tell me why they paint a single unbroken yellow line in the middle of the road in Thailand ? Seems to me it MEANS NOTHING !

Well there is at least 15% commission in all roadworks- beneficial or not.

Looking at the accompanying photographs, it is difficult to understand just what kind of maneuver the driver was attempting. This was not on a winding mountain road, but on a main urban road with a service road running alongside, near shops and houses. Speed may have been a factor, but it certainly takes a certain kind of skill to put a large, single decker bus flat into a ditch. Amazing.

Roll on driverless EVERYTHING!

We humans are just monkeys with tools we barely understand. Read how the 3 pilots of AF447 thought they were better than their machine, ignoring every warning alert, until they pancaked into the Atlantic at terminal velocity. http://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/a3115/what-really-happened-aboard-air-france-447-6611877/

Edited by dhream