ED visa only 30 day extension now? (Bangkok)

I recently went to get my first ED-extension stamp. My school (Pro Language) helped me with all the paperwork. Everything said '90 day extension'. When I went to immigration, the handler of the school told me all of a sudden that only 30 day stamps are now being given on ED visas (for the same amount of 1900 thb). Is this for all private language schools or is it only Pro Language?

I feel stupid. When I was researching schools and searched for PL on this forum, I read a lot of nice things. But after this situation I searched for ED Extension and now I'm finding a topic from February this year about PL being on the black list. Anybody who knows more about this?

I do have a good teacher and learn a lot (although most on my own or with Thai friends). I can now read almost every text and speak more than just the basics. But the officer at immigration didn't ask me anything, like my skill or progress wasn't a factor.

I would not do an ED visa in any language school in BKK. There have been many posts about the immigration in BKK cracking down on ED visas. At the end the immigration doesnt give a crap if u are a legit student or not and everyone pays the price. Pro language transfered my last extention to their school in Pattaya and I continued attending in BKk. The immigration in BKK is irrational and in my opinion the school is not at fault.

• Like 1

I would not do an ED visa in any language school in BKK. There have been many posts about the immigration in BKK cracking down on ED visas. At the end the immigration doesnt give a crap if u are a legit student or not and everyone pays the price. Pro language transfered my last extention to their school in Pattaya and I continued attending in BKk. The immigration in BKK is irrational and in my opinion the school is not at fault.

How was your extension transferred to Pattaya ?

Extensions of stay can only be made in your area of residence/school.

I dont know how they did it. They asked me and I said OK and paid extra to get it done. They sent my passport to PTT and I only had to go to immigration to pick it up. The whole system is corrupt.

you have to go to Pattaya to pick it up?

how much was it?

Just paid 5k baht and it was done. This was 4 months ago. I am not in the ed visa anymore and it was the last extension done by pro language

Who did you pay ?

All extensions of stay cost 1900 Bht.

Been well documented in other threads that 5000 Baht is the going 'bribe' rate for a 90 day extension, in some places and some circumstances, if you're unlucky.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/806260-immigration-targeting-ed-holders-5000-baht-fee-for-90-days/

These 'crackdowns' just end up creating more opportunities for corruption.

Edited by jspill