Belgian tourist rescued after drifting in sea for 5 hours

webfact

Really good luck for the lady, especially as around fullmoon there aren't to many fishingboats out there. Dangerous because of the currents, but no sharks there (as somebody wrote before), if you're really lucky you could meet a reef shark, absolutely harmless.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would any guys want to take their girlfriends to a Full Moon party, where they are exposed to drink, drugs and vulnerable to rape, abuse and other assortments of losers.

Most only go there to get high and get laid usually with dire consequencies has as happened in this case. Glad the girl ended up safe and hope the experience proves a valuble life lesson for her.

Why would any guys want to take their girlfriends to a Full Moon party, where they are exposed to drink, drugs and vulnerable to rape, abuse and other assortments of losers.

Most only go there to get high and get laid usually with dire consequencies has as happened in this case. Glad the girl ended up safe and hope the experience proves a valuble life lesson for her.

You and I are thinking along the same lines but I am older and more sensible and you may be too.

Every backpacker I speak to, and some of them are very well-educated and well-qualified, when I ask where they are going to go in Thailand, replies, "Koh Phangan - Full Moon party." I gently hint at the dangers and I soon realise that I am wasting my time. They have drunk the Kool-Aid and the Full Moon party has become, in their minds, the pinnacle of the backpacker journey. The reality is somewhat nearer your description.

There you have it. The young and foolish ignore the wise words of those who went before them and forever it will be this way.

Well good that Nantaphong seen her , give her dry clothes bread and ovaltine and took her to the hospital.Here on Thaivisa its the norm with Thai people in the news , that the good is never remembered the bad never forgotten.Lotta very good people out here , maybe depends on where u live .

Yes correct and outside of the tourist traps there are many good Thais that know 0 about politics or corruption.. I have been shocked myself

Just imagine people would follow your advise.

No girls there.

Think about it.

Well good that Nantaphong seen her , give her dry clothes bread and ovaltine and took her to the hospital.Here on Thaivisa its the norm with Thai people in the news , that the good is never remembered the bad never forgotten.Lotta very good people out here , maybe depends on where u live .

Yes correct and outside of the tourist traps there are many good Thais that know 0 about politics or corruption.. I have been shocked myself

The average, GOOD Thai knows everything about corruption.

After all, they are the number 1 victims of Thai culturally embedded corruption, not the Farang.

Well good that Nantaphong seen her , give her dry clothes bread and ovaltine and took her to the hospital. Here on Thaivisa its the norm with Thai people in the news , that the good is never remembered the bad never forgotten. Lotta very good people out here , maybe depends on where u live .

.............He wouldnt have rescued her if she'd been ugly...........whistling.gif .

You been out in the sun tooooo much,it's fried you brain.

Am I missing something; why end her holiday prematurely and did she not already have a flight booked (that she could have changed)?

I thnk the only thing you are missing is . . . a brain!

I was missing a <deleted>, but I just found one!

Am I missing something; why end her holiday prematurely and did she not already have a flight booked (that she could have changed)?

I think breaking up with your partner followed by being stuck out at sea for 5 hours thinking you might die is enough to want to go home.

Brigit then decided to go out on on a kayak, but when she jumped into the water for a swim she realised it was too rough and she couldn’t get back to her kayak.

Lessons in Life Notebook

October 31, 2015:

1. Note to self. Never jump out of your kayak without a tag line attached to you and the boat.
  2. Never go kayaking alone.
  3. Never go kayaking without letting people on shore know your destination and itinerary.
  4. Remember, you can get hypothermia even in topical waters, it's just slower.
  5. Thank God, Buddha, or whomever for Thai fishermen with good eyes.

Well good that Nantaphong seen her , give her dry clothes bread and ovaltine and took her to the hospital. Here on Thaivisa its the norm with Thai people in the news , that the good is never remembered the bad never forgotten. Lotta very good people out here , maybe depends on where u live .

This is right up there with pulling the farang out of a tidal mudflats. A lot of regular Thai people are like regular people all over the world: many have heart and a sense of morality and empathy. Not everyone is corrupt, or mafia, or looking to rip you off.

Thank God, Buddha, or whomever for normal people.

Relationship emotions aside, not a wise move to go kayaking in the late afternoon hours with darkness now coming around 5:30PM.

Averted a terrible ending and something that should stick with her for life. How close she really came at an early age.

Wow if she looks this good after 5 hous in the water then when she recovers they put her to the pond in my backyard. There will be Ovaltine, beer, Jack Daniels and a nice warm bed for her. wink.png But seriously I hope she gets help and recovers completely. The world needs beautiful women.

Hmmmmm.........the thought of floating around in the water and the soon to be near pitch black darkness and the uncertainty involved.....Yikes....

Creepy as creepy can be ....

No Thanks.

I feel all the more land bound than ever before.

Cheers

John F Kennedy did a lot of night swimming after his torpedo boat, PT109, was run over by a Japanese destroyer.

I'm thinking someone has lived a very, very sheltered life.

If she looks this good after 5 hours in the water then when she recovers throw her into my back pond. I guarantee there will be hot ovaltine, cold beer and some nice jack daniels for her when I drag her out. Maybe even a warm bed. wink.png Seriously I hope she has a full recovery from her ordeal. We need beautiful ladies in this world.

Wow if she looks this good after 5 hous in the water then when she recovers they put her to the pond in my backyard. There will be Ovaltine, beer, Jack Daniels and a nice warm bed for her. wink.png But seriously I hope she gets help and recovers completely. The world needs beautiful women.

Pity her intelligence did not match her beauty...

Relationship emotions aside, not a wise move to go kayaking in the late afternoon hours with darkness now coming around 5:30PM.

Averted a terrible ending and something that should stick with her for life. How close she really came at an early age.

She was found in the late afternoon hours after floating for five hours. Going to be kayaking just after noon normally doesn't seem that much of a problem, has not much to do with a wise discision.. I don't see your point.

Hmmmmm.........the thought of floating around in the water and the soon to be near pitch black darkness and the uncertainty involved.....Yikes....

Creepy as creepy can be ....

No Thanks.

I feel all the more land bound than ever before.

Cheers

John F Kennedy did a lot of night swimming after his torpedo boat, PT109, was run over by a Japanese destroyer.

Yes indeed...and the sharks...that sooner or later come around and start to be a menace...not always...... but often is the case.

Cheers

If you get away from the tourist saturated areas the Thai people are as nice as can be and are helpful as can be also. A few years ago I had a small accident with my tractor and Rotortiller , I stopped a guy with a pickup and he took me back to my home where the wife took me to the hospital for a few stitches. I love the small village where we stay and the people there.

.............He wouldnt have rescued her if she'd been ugly...........whistling.gif .

You been out in the sun tooooo much,it's fried you brain.

I was only kidding!

Archived