Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Belgian tourist rescued after drifting in sea for 5 hours

webfact

Belgian tourist rescued after drifting in sea for 5 hours
By Coconuts Bangkok

belgian_tourist_0.jpg
Photo: MCOT

KOH SAMUI: -- A Belgian tourist was rescued by a fishing boat after drifting in the water for over five hours between Koh Samui and Koh Phangan yesterday.

Brigit Haeceman, a 26-year-old veterinarian, was rescued by a Rayong fishing boat after she was found waving for help in the sea about 6pm yesterday.

Exhausted Brigit was given dry clothes, bread and an Ovaltine drink by Nantapong Khacha-art, the boat’s owner, who also contacted the Samui authorities. Nantapong took her to the hospital when the boat reached Nathon Pier.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/10/30/belgian-tourist-rescued-after-drifting-sea-5-hours

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-10-30

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well good that Nantaphong seen her , give her dry clothes bread and ovaltine and took her to the hospital.

Here on Thaivisa its the norm with Thai people in the news , that the good is never remembered the bad never forgotten.

Lotta very good people out here , maybe depends on where u live .

That is real luck right there, and I bet she knows it more than any of us here do. That must be terrifying knowing you are probably going to drown. There was once a skydiving accident where they had to bail out of a plane out of control and this one guy ended up in the sea. He encountered jelly fish multiple times and was sting to hell, he managed to find some floating drift wood and was in the ocean for over 24 hours! Somehow he survived.

I was waffling about what to say about this Belgian "drifter", but she's really lucky to be a floater and not shark food.

I also like the calm, serene look on her face. But after reading the article, I'm guessing she was thinking about whether or not her boyfriend was right about the argument they had before he split. ;)

Whether it was a suicide attempt or just very bad decision making, the excessive use of drugs and alcohol at the Full Moon party will only exacerbate the problems related to both of the former.

Briggsy. I think you are the sick man full of alcohol and drugs. The poor girl is still in a state of shock after being rescued and all you can think to say is the sick thoughts you dredge from your head. Who said she was in that state from a Full Moon party? It doesn't even say where she came from or how she was drifting. A boat? BCD perhaps strayed from a diving group? Lack of details. Poor report and many stupid assumptios

Whether it was a suicide attempt or just very bad decision making, the excessive use of drugs and alcohol at the Full Moon party will only exacerbate the problems related to both of the former.

Briggsy. I think you are the sick man full of alcohol and drugs. The poor girl is still in a state of shock after being rescued and all you can think to say is the sick thoughts you dredge from your head. Who said she was in that state from a Full Moon party? It doesn't even say where she came from or how she was drifting. A boat? BCD perhaps strayed from a diving group? Lack of details. Poor report and many stupid assumptios

Actually it sounds far more like its you who hasn't done their homework. Perhaps you should read some more of the reporting and i'll leave to you to decide how you will respond next!

Anyway, delighted the young lady is alive and well and well done to the guy that found her.

Hmmmmm.........the thought of floating around in the water and the soon to be near pitch black darkness and the uncertainty involved.....Yikes....

Creepy as creepy can be ....

No Thanks.

I feel all the more land bound than ever before.

Cheers

Well good that Nantaphong seen her , give her dry clothes bread and ovaltine and took her to the hospital. Here on Thaivisa its the norm with Thai people in the news , that the good is never remembered the bad never forgotten. Lotta very good people out here , maybe depends on where u live .

.............He wouldnt have rescued her if she'd been ugly...........whistling.gif .

Am I missing something; why end her holiday prematurely and did she not already have a flight booked (that she could have changed)?

What?

Thats all you got out of this story?

Who cares?

Did, you look at her picture......, or too busy riding a nuclear bomb saying so long, by the look of it?

Wow, what a chick! Rare type of beautiful woman from the Europe hehe.

Is that what you remember from this story?

Anyway, I am Belgian, and I can tell you all Belgian women look like that.

But what we are most proud of, are our Trappist monks.

They are the ones that make the best beer in the world, rather then sell magical amulets.

Greetings from NDNM, always ready to help other posters broaden their cultural knowledge.

Archived