McDonald's @ Victory Monument

AlexRRR

You're surprised to see a macdonalds here?

Either you've been away a hell of a long time or you have a pretty naive view of the place.

Surprised yes because it's not a big store or in a mall, it's just a small place blending in with a market type atmosphere in VM, I'm sure macs have there eye on Jj market, would make billions there.

Ho I'm not a great lover of macs food, but I eat it a few times a year, all I can say is thank god there all over the world when in the Phillipines I relied on the golden archer to survive, even in Japan it was a good breakfast option.

I'll go to McD's for ice cream (though I prefer Dairy Queen). I notice the Thais in there are usually eating little fried things that they dip into some kind of sauce.

While I haven't seen this is Thailand, it's something I've learned to keep an eye out for in South America, the first time I noticed this was in Rio. There was a young fellow wearing a t-shirt that said "(insert infamous word that begins with 6th letter of the alphabet) America!" while waiting in line at McD's. Saw a kid in Buenos Aires with a Che Guevera t-shirt, the image on the front and on the back a long diatribe about oppression and revolution. Turns out such sitings are not unusual, always good for a laugh.

"Do you want fries with that revolution?"

There was a Mac in JJ-mall, also a KFC if memory serves well.

But yes they need a Mac right on the market, you even can't sit anywhere there and nothing to eat for farang while loads of tourists go there.

You know Farangs can eat Thai food, right?

There was a Mac in JJ-mall, also a KFC if memory serves well.

But yes they need a Mac right on the market, you even can't sit anywhere there and nothing to eat for farang while loads of tourists go there.

You know Farangs can eat Thai food, right?

You obviously have no idea what i'm talking about. I can't even sit in those mini-restaurants on the chatuchak markets. I need 2 stools at least and nope i'm not fat at all.

Also i rarely eat at the Mac, can't even remember the last time i did.

But who am i writing to? A soibiker, saw one yesterday at ratchada phisek (farang) facepalm.gif ....is a taxi too expensive these days?

Tourists are gonna love this years High Season! After midnight enjoying the flouro tube lighting in Macca's is about all they have going on in Thapae area in Chiang Mai at the moment.

Thanks to crackdowns on after hours drinking and "immorality".

Is it possible to get through a late weekend night without filling the tank with a box of McD's spicy wings at some point or other?

yes, very easy.

I've managed to get through my whole life without eating them, let alone a weekend.

Come on, you guys. You can afford 89b. for 4 pieces once a week. Won't make a hole in your budget will it.

Is it possible to get through a late weekend night without filling the tank with a box of McD's spicy wings at some point or other?

yes, very easy.

I've managed to get through my whole life without eating them, let alone a weekend.

Come on, you guys. You can afford 89b. for 4 pieces once a week. Won't make a hole in your budget will it.

rather eat some real food instead of that chemical crab

rather eat some real food instead of that chemical crab

Quit being prissy. Protein, low cholesterol, low carb if you peel off the batter, minerals, what more can you ask for. Quick and cheap too, not to mention the delightful ambience of a 24hrs. McD's on lower Suk at 2 in the morning.

"Chicken wings are relatively high in protein. One chicken wing will have 5 to 9 grams of protein, depending on the size of the wing and if you eat the skin (which does contain some protein). Fried wings are relatively low in cholesterol, with about 23 grams in each wing. Without batter, they are free of carbohydrates. Chicken wings also contain potassium and iron."

(http://www.livestrong.com/article/326259-nutritional-facts-of-fried-chicken-wings/)

I live in a place where you're rarely more than a few feet from some delicious street food. I can't imagine why anyone would choose to eat that bland crap instead.

Biker, get thee to a McD's asap. Them there bland crap could save your ass. Per below:

FAO report on Bkk street food vendors (http://www.fao.org/docrep/w3699t/w3699t07.htm):

Sanitary conditions

The quality and safety of food in each area was assessed to formulate a plan for corrective actions and to monitor progress towards compliance with the code.

More than 75 percent of the vendors brought water from their homes or nearby areas in plastic containers. In some stalls less than 1 litre of water was used per consumer for cleaning and food preparation purposes, which indicated that cleaning operations were certainly deficient.

On average, coliform bacteria were found in more than 50 percent of the food samples. In some areas, 87 percent of the samples were contaminated. Contamination of vendors' hands and utensils ranged from 18 to 69 percent depending on the area. Where tap water was available, the contamination of utensils was significantly lower.

The disposal of waste water was of particular concern in Dusit Zoo, where the water was emptied directly into the surrounding ponds, causing environmental pollution. In the five other areas, waste water was dumped directly on the road, without any treatment.

Initial inspections of the stalls and food handling practices revealed that no vendors were following the DOH code of practice. Although some vending units were properly designed, they were not kept clean during operation. Foods and drinks were not covered for protection from dust and insects. Some seasonings were not of a quality approved by the Thai Food and Drug Administration. Ice for human consumption was not kept separate from ice for cooling drinks and food products. Eating utensils were sometimes not in good condition, were often washed in buckets set on the floor and were not stored properly. Containers and spoons for seasonings did not conform to specifications. Even those containers that were made of proper materials were not adequately protected from contamination. Garbage bins had no covers or when covered were not equipped with a foot pedal to open the cover. Cooks did not wear aprons or head coverings during operations. Finally, vendors were not properly trained about personal hygiene and food handling.

Perfect place for them. tens of thousands of Thai's pass through daily on their commute, many commuting long distance to and from work everyday. Whats easier than pickinjg up a quick burger before going home so you dont have to worry about food once home.

Archived