Close watch on reds ahead of 'show of support' for Yingluck

rooster59

Close watch on reds ahead of 'show of support' for Yingluck

30271994-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: THE authorities are closely following the moves of red shirts in different provinces ahead of a planned symbolic show of support for former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra scheduled for tomorrow.

However, some red-shirt leaders denied yesterday that planned gatherings of red shirts in different provinces had any political implication.

Earlier, there was a campaign on social media calling for Yingluck's supporters to wear red on November 1 to give her moral support, as she faces legal action over her government's corruption-plagued rice subsidy scheme.

Former premier Yingluck posted a photo on her Facebook page yesterday of her with a new book written by her brother, the ex-PM, entitled "Thaksin Shinawatra: Life and Work".

"Let me hug this book in place of him. I miss my brother. Don't forget to find this book for your reading, and you will know why I want to hug this book," she wrote.

Yingluck has no specific plans for tomorrow, but a source close to her said she might go shopping.

Colonel Jatupong Bokbon, deputy head of the Internal Security Operations Command's Khon Kaen office, said yesterday the authorities were concerned that a "third party" may try to abuse the wearing-red campaign by creating unrest, despite local red-shirt leaders' promises that they would not hold any such event in the northeastern province.

"The authorities want to maintain peace and order, so we will have to take legal action against anyone who breaks the law," he said.

In Khon Kaen, police, military and administrative officers met at the Provincial Hall yesterday to assess the situation and discuss preparatory measures. Colonel Jatupong was among the participants.

Meanwhile, Kanchanaburi police deputy commander Colonel Chinnapat Tansrisakul said yesterday there were no reports that red shirts would gather in his province tomorrow and he did not think they would. However, police were closely monitoring the situation and following relevant movements in all villages of the province, he said.

Earlier, the Metropolitan Police said they were also closely monitoring the situation - and preparing to deal with any rally by the red shirts.

Jakkrawut Traiwallop, a red-shirt leader in Nakhon Ratchasima, said yesterday it was possible some red-shirt groups might get together normally tomorrow but he did not think they would "cause unease" for the authorities.

He said red-shirt leaders had often been under watch by the authorities following the coup in May last year.

In regard to the campaign to wear red this Sunday, Jakkrawut said red was synonymous with Sunday so it was not unusual for people to wear red on that day. "Please don't try to link this to politics, so that reconciliation can be achieved in a concrete way," he added.

In a related development, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said last night that reconciliation could not be achieved if accusations continue to be made.

"I must ask dissenters not to point fingers at people and demean others. The kind of democracy everybody wants is coming in the future. Everybody has had strong motivations, which has lead to some people taking actions that have endangered themselves and others. Come forth and talk. I have been informed of promises for dialogue and participation in reforms, and I must thank these parties in advance," he said.

"I have asked people to have a dialogue with students and lecturers, and to ask for their understanding and to do what is best for the country," the PM told his audience during his weekly address in the TV programme "Returning Happiness to People in the Country".

"I have asked officials to talk to teachers and students at Thammasat University and appealed for them to understand the circumstances Thailand is facing at the moment and that democracy is returning while reforms are underway. If everyone thought reform is unnecessary, then I would be discouraged," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Close-watch-on-reds-ahead-of-show-of-support-for-Y-30271994.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-31

Like everyone else in politics, former P.M. Yingluck Shinawatra has her admirers, supporters and plenty of detractors, however since the Junta take over the position of everyone in Thailand has become somewhat of being a questionable number , their paranoia with the introduction of section rule 44, the administrative order against Ms Yingluck , setting the stage of having no chance of any reconciliation , their frightened knee jerk response against the students protests , a deliberate set up of the rewrite of the Charter, enabling the Junta to maintain control, Prayut's single gateway , an excuse to spy on the population, so a close watch on red shirt supporters , one wouldn't expect anything else from a Junta who has shown the International community that the problems now starting to arise in Thailand are caused by them coffee1.gif

Like everyone else in politics, former P.M. Yingluck Shinawatra has her admirers, supporters and plenty of detractors, however since the Junta take over the position of everyone in Thailand has become somewhat of being a questionable number , their paranoia with the introduction of section rule 44, the administrative order against Ms Yingluck , setting the stage of having no chance of any reconciliation , their frightened knee jerk response against the students protests , a deliberate set up of the rewrite of the Charter, enabling the Junta to maintain control, Prayut's single gateway , an excuse to spy on the population, so a close watch on red shirt supporters , one wouldn't expect anything else from a Junta who has shown the International community that the problems now starting to arise in Thailand are caused by them coffee1.gif

Goodness me, chainarong, that sentence you just wrote is about ten times longer than the one that Yingluck will likely face.

It only came to a full stop when it hit your coffee cup.wink.png

Goodness me, chainarong, that sentence you just wrote is about ten times longer than the one that Yingluck will likely face.

Tell him that the regime hasn't banned full-stops.....yet!

"third party may try to abuse the wearing-red campaign by creating unrest"

The Thai military is about as much of a "third party" as one can get.

Ah the mysterious third hand Chalerm was always warning about, probably after his second bottle of JW Black label.

Only this time they're going to wear red instead of black, sneaky buggers!

"Thaksin Shinawatra: Life and Work"

"Thaksin Shinawatra: Life and Crimes" - now there's a better title. Wonder who'd play him in the Bollywood version? Yingluck doing the sexy dance routines and Plod,Chalerm and Cousin Number 1 singing along. Blockbuster biggrin.png

Ah the mysterious third hand Chalerm was always warning about, probably after his second bottle of JW Black label.

It doesn't matter who is in power the script doesn't change, didn't Chavalit have his ' unseen hands ' and ' dark forces ' to blame ?

My guess is you won't see too many Red shirt supporters out on the streets. The shin's don't want to stir up trouble right now (Taksin has come out and said to lay low for a while). Therefore the paymaster will not be paying the protesters to come on en masse which means without the pay there will not be any bogus support for him.

Not sure if it's safe to wear my devil costume tonight???

My guess is you won't see too many Red shirt supporters out on the streets. The shin's don't want to stir up trouble right now (Taksin has come out and said to lay low for a while). Therefore the paymaster will not be paying the protesters to come on en masse which means without the pay there will not be any bogus support for him.

Not sure if it's safe to wear my devil costume tonight???

Blind in one eye, can't see out of the other.

"Thaksin Shinawatra: Life and Crimes" - now there's a better title. Wonder who'd play him in the Bollywood version? Yingluck doing the sexy dance routines and Plod,Chalerm and Cousin Number 1 singing along. Blockbuster biggrin.png

A cheesy vulgar "Comment" that adds nought to the thread. Again.

Muirton.post # 23

You have epitomized your personal comments and understanding of the situation and your emotions in your post # 23 succinctly . Again...
Edited by arfurcrown

You so aptly describe most of your own posts tongue.png

And could do with improving your ability to understand satire.

How North Korea not to tolerate any jokes about the "regime" - almost storm tropperish.

Muirton.post # 23

You have epitomized your personal comments and understanding of the situation and your emotions in your post # 23 succinctly . Again...

That will be lost on him Arfur.

Humor is not allowed when discussing the Shins. Only praise and obedience.

It doesn't matter who is in power the script doesn't change, didn't Chavalit have his ' unseen hands ' and ' dark forces ' to blame ?

Even my Mrs blames ghosts and "unseen hands". Wonder which swine gave these unseen hands her credit card number? sad.png

But, yes, it seems all sides here play more or less to the same script and game plan.

I am in the process of writing the opening address for Ms Yinglucks lawyers as we speak...........................cheesy.gif

I am in the process of writing the opening address for Ms Yinglucks lawyers as we speak...........................cheesy.gif

I believe the Scots sometimes have an address-to-the-haggis, perhaps this speech might be an address-to-the-lunchbox ? rolleyes.gif