Russian airliner crashes in central Sinai - Egyptian PM

Jonathan Fairfield

31/10/2015 19:20 UPDATE Officer says the plane has ‘split in two’

BREAKING: No survivors: Heartbreak as 224 people die after Russian plane 'splits in two' in Egypt

31/10/2015 19:54 UPDATE The airline of the crashed plane, Metrojet/Kogalymavia says that human error can't be the cause of the crash in Egypt.

BBC Breaking News Verified account @BBCBreaking

Kogalymavia airline believes human error wasn't cause of Sinai plane crash, representative tells Russian news agency http://bbc.in/1Wn2S9M

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russian Air investigation team on its way to the scene...

If is the same team that investigated the Malaysian flight then we will soon have the answer as to who/what was at fault, no probs

RIP to the poor souls

Two interesting points just came on SkyNews

1) Fuselage is broken in two, so indicates a controlled "landing" of sorts.

2) Speculation of some survivors - voices heard from inside the fuselage....

So far for

The passenger plane that crashed in Egypt's Sinai on Saturday was completely destroyed and most of those on board are likely to have died, an Egyptian security officer who had recently arrived at the scene told Reuters.

And how do you attempt a controlled landing with a plane that dives at almost 2000 m/sec?

How does anything dive at 2000m/sec or 7,200 kilometres an hour?

Unless it is rocket powered and pointing vertically down to start with.

Possibly 200m/s at a stretch.

I think someone has the wrong velocities figured out.

Waiting on the cause....no reports yet of reasons for the crash.

I would not rule out an attack....seems too sureal.

If it was...then I suspect it is only the beginning.

If some terrorists moderate rebels shot down the airplane with some anti airplane weapon supplied by the USA, than we can start digging bunkers......

Lets hope it was technical problem or the pilots fault.....

What's a " moderate rebels " ? the one who let you know before he kills you, or the one that kills

only a few and not all? no such thing as moderate rebels, they're all murderers terrorists, with one

cause, to enrich themselves and to rule of a minions of brain dead Muslims in the name of Allah...

Let me explain......a moderate rebel is a bit like me.

I'm a Fifth Day Adventist...a staunch fundamentalist believer....except i like to keep the weekends to myself.

See? Not hard to understand at all is it? tongue.png

Waiting on the cause....no reports yet of reasons for the crash.

I would not rule out an attack....seems too sureal.

If it was...then I suspect it is only the beginning.

If some terrorists moderate rebels shot down the airplane with some anti airplane weapon supplied by the USA, than we can start digging bunkers......

Lets hope it was technical problem or the pilots fault.....

Or outside intervention to Airbus` "Fly-by-wire" system for example.

Do no buy planes from your geopolitical enemies. They got no conscience.

It was shot down by a Buk surface-to-air missile. That is ironic because Russia has a history of shooting down foreign civilian aircraft that never posed a threat. (Ex KGB Lieutenant-Colonel and now President) Putin does not give a d*mn about human life, be it foreign or Russian.

Edited by peergin

It was shot down by a Buk surface-to-air missile. That is ironic because Russia has a history of shooting down foreign civilian aircraft. (Ex KGB Lieutenant-Colonel and now President) Putin does not give a d*mn about human life, be it foreign or Russian.

Bullshit. No authorities proven it yet.

If it wasn't shot down i would be surprised

Given the remoteness of that area of Sinai combined with Russia's air safety record, and given the altitude the plane was flying, anticipate being surprised. I would be gobsmacked if it was "shot down".

It was shot down by a Buk surface-to-air missile. That is ironic because Russia has a history of shooting down foreign civilian aircraft. (Ex KGB Lieutenant-Colonel and now President) Putin does not give a d*mn about human life, be it foreign or Russian.

I suspect that you are a Russian communist, possibly a member of the president's staff.

Edited by peergin

I suspect that you are a Russian communist, possibly a member of the president's staff.
Authority junkies :-)

31/10/2015 21:04 UPDATE Around 150 bodies now recovered up to 5km radius away from the wreckage. Some bodies burnt

IMO that would suggest a midair breakup if true.

This vertical speed chart matches my previous graph. Some significant control loss.

CSp2zqcXAAA8r1p.jpg

Flight 7K9268: Islamic State claims responsibility for Russian plane crash in Egypt

October 31, 2015

by yalibnan 0 Comments

A militant group affiliated to Islamic State in Egypt claimed responsibility for the downing of a Russian passenger plane that crashed in Egypt’s Sinai peninsula on Saturday, the group said in a statement circulated by supporters on Twitter.

Egyptian security sources earlier on Saturday said early investigations suggested the plane crashed due to a technical fault.

The claim of responsibility was also carried by the Aamaq website which acts as a semi official news agency for Islamic State.

“The fighters of the Islamic State were able to down a Russian plane over Sinai province that was carrying over 220 Russian crusaders. They were all killed, thanks be to God,” the statement circulated on Twitter said.

Yalibnan

Make of this article as you will.

Russian airliner with 224 people aboard believed shot down by missile over central Sinai

A Russian civilian plane with 217 passengers and 7 crew aboard crashed, and is belived shot down by a missile, over Sinai over Sinai early Saturday morning, Oct. 31, shortly after taking off from the Sinai resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh for St. Petersburg.

Initial reporting on the fate of the plane was confused and is still not completely clear. It was first reported to be missing after contact was lost with Egyptian air control; it was then said to be safely on its way to Russia over Turkey. Russian aviation sources then reported the A321 to be missing over Cypriot air space. Finally, the Egyptian prime minister’s office Egyptian prime minister’s office confirmed that a Russian passenger plane had crashed n central Sinai and a cabinet level crisis committee had been formed to deal with the crash.

The airliner owned by the small airline Kogalymavia disappeared from screen 23 minutes after takeoff from Sharm el-Sheikh. There were many families with children aboard.

debkafile reports: The first claim by Russian aviation sources that the plane had gone missing over Cyprus was an attempt to draw attention from the likelihood that it was shot down over Sinai, where the former Ansar al-Miqdas, which has renamed itself ISIS-Sinai, maintains its main strongholds.

Moscow is reluctant to admit that the Islamic State may have chosen to retaliate for the buildup of Russian forces in Syria and Russia ari strikes on its bases in Syria.
If the airline was indeed shot down by the Sinai branch of the Islamic State, the Russians are finding that ISIS is fully capable of striking at the least expected place and most vulnerable spot of its enemy.

Read more here - app.depka.com

15 tons of US armament dropped to 'moderate' Syrians rebels to be distributed where needed. Surface to air missiles? Check!

Job done.

Modified:

Countless tons of US/NATO armament giving to 'moderate' Libyan rebels, now distributed to the Sinai. Surface to air missiles? Check! Check! Check!

Job well done!

Edited by connda

I took the CSV data from the previous site and plotted the vertical speed.

attachicon.gifSpeed.jpg

I don't get the two axis'. Vertical speed in what units, and what is the horizontal axis? Any clues?

I just copied the vertical speed data from the CSV and plotted it as a single data axis as the time was in zulu and too lazy to convert it for the x-axis. So the x-axis is just the sequence in the data from 1 to n, no parameter, that is dimensionless.

Y-axis is the vertical rate of climb/descent in feet/minute. My apologies, I hurried to put the data together to get a picture of the situation.

Make of this article as you will.

Russian airliner with 224 people aboard believed shot down by missile over central Sinai

A Russian civilian plane with 217 passengers and 7 crew aboard crashed, and is belived shot down by a missile, over Sinai over Sinai early Saturday morning, Oct. 31, shortly after taking off from the Sinai resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh for St. Petersburg.

Initial reporting on the fate of the plane was confused and is still not completely clear. It was first reported to be missing after contact was lost with Egyptian air control; it was then said to be safely on its way to Russia over Turkey. Russian aviation sources then reported the A321 to be missing over Cypriot air space. Finally, the Egyptian prime minister’s office Egyptian prime minister’s office confirmed that a Russian passenger plane had crashed n central Sinai and a cabinet level crisis committee had been formed to deal with the crash.

The airliner owned by the small airline Kogalymavia disappeared from screen 23 minutes after takeoff from Sharm el-Sheikh. There were many families with children aboard.

debkafile reports: The first claim by Russian aviation sources that the plane had gone missing over Cyprus was an attempt to draw attention from the likelihood that it was shot down over Sinai, where the former Ansar al-Miqdas, which has renamed itself ISIS-Sinai, maintains its main strongholds.

Moscow is reluctant to admit that the Islamic State may have chosen to retaliate for the buildup of Russian forces in Syria and Russia ari strikes on its bases in Syria.

If the airline was indeed shot down by the Sinai branch of the Islamic State, the Russians are finding that ISIS is fully capable of striking at the least expected place and most vulnerable spot of its enemy.

Read more here - app.depka.com

RIP.