11 Years And 9 Month On The Job

Hi,

does anyone know to how much compensation I am legally entitled to and how many month I have to be informed in advance of being sacked ?

Is there such a thing like a 'cool down period'?

Does change/transfer of ownership, sale of the Company effect this situation in any way?

thanks!

Edited by Samuian

Hi,

does anyone know to how much compensation I am legally entitled to and how many month I have to be informed in advance of being sacked ?

Is there such a thing like a 'cool down period'?

Does change/transfer of ownership, sale of the Company effect this situation in any way?

thanks!

You get 300 days severance as you have worked over 10 years. They must give you a minimum of one payment period notice of termination or payment in lieu of notice of termination.

Example: Suppose they present you notice of termination tomorrow. The company would, therefore, either would have to allow you to work to November 30th, 2006( based on a monthly payment) or terminate you tomorrow immediately and pay you full wages as if you worked till November 30th.

Only if you had resigned or had your contract bought out and then hired on to the "new" company. Otherwise they are responsible.

One of our foreign clients just won in Labor Court over 900,000 Baht judgement. So you can win, even if the MD is Thai.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com