In praise of divorced men

Fabricus

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would any body want to get married, in the USA over 50% of marriage end in divorce and of those 75% are initiated by women. When the odds are you are going to lose your house, kids and have to pay not only child support but alimony to the wife for the next 18 years, that is the reason why more people are single then married mow. Some men are left with so little that they are sent to jail for not being able to pay. Some just commit suicide. By the way your ex-wife can still come after you if you strike it rich for payment, even 20 years later as was in the news lately.

Edited by ronnybill

Divorce is a beautiful thing. If the marriage is not working and you have done all you can to fix it, walk. Life is far too short to stay in an unfulfilling relationship. Far too short. Divorce is a celebration of life.

I like that a lot!

I find it curious that so many people consider divorce to be failure. If the relationship has produced children and/or offered opportunities for personal growth, it's been a success.

It's also odd to see that many people believe divorce is invariably the fault of the man. I think lots of TV members have of a poor understanding of life, women, and female sexuality.

Some western women remind me of many Thai men. Unable to take responsibility for their mistakes

This is very true.

Let me share some more things I learned.

Forum Experts will tell you that younger Thai women dislike older western men. This isn't true. On several occasions I attempted to mock my ex for having an affair partner in his mid-sixties. I still remember the strange look on her face when I said these things. She simply didn't get it. She couldn't understand why I felt the man's age was relevant.

And then I worked it out: women are powerfully attracted to successful, older men. If the man resides on the upper slopes of Mount Olympus, his age is irrelevant.

===

Fortunately little of this matters to most westerners here in Thailand.

Let's just say that few western men here in The Realm marry Thai women who might be considered desirable by men who dine on nectar and ambrosia!

Let's just say that few western men here in The Realm marry Thai women who might be considered desirable by men who dine on nectar and ambrosia!

But we can have them for a short time!

Ha! That's true, but I've always managed to find better looking regular girls away from "the scene".

This said, I still remember some very attractive commercial women I went with.

Edited by Fabricus