Body of man found in North Pattaya Lake

webfact

Body of man found in North Pattaya Lake

lake-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Early on Tuesday morning a member of the public discovered the body of a man floating face-down in a Lake close to a cemetery in North Pattaya.

Medics and Police made their way to the lake, located on the grounds of the Sawang Boriboon Foundation Cemetery, and recovered the body of the man, who was later identified as Khun Worachart aged 25 by a friend and work colleague.

The next to arrive at the scene was the victim’s Father, Khun Samian aged 61, who told Police that he had not seen his son for the last 4 days. Khun Worachart worked at a restaurant in North Pattaya and was known to suffer from mental health issues which required him to take prescribed medication.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218863/body-of-man-found-in-north-pattaya-lake/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-04

Unfortunately, this looks like another case of a young man unable to deal with his mental health issues.

----------------------------------------------------

Oh..........No Sh1t Sherlock........................coffee1.gif

Unfortunately, this looks like another case of a young man unable to deal with his mental health issues.

I used the word 'another' indicating that this is not a rare occurrence. Thailand has no real help to offer these people, so what is the solution ?

I am sure you must know, or will it be another smart ar*e comment on a thread about somebody dying through tragic circumstances ?

I used the word 'another' indicating that this is not a rare occurrence. Thailand has no real help to offer these people, so what is the solution ?

I am sure you must know, or will it be another smart ar*e comment on a thread about somebody dying through tragic circumstances ?

Gotta agree with you. My wife's brother tried twice to commit suicide, now back in the village, after his wife had left him with two sons.

When he lost his job on Phuket, he couldn't get any more, which is quite understandable. The help he received were electroshocks at a mental hospital in Ubon R.

Now he's helping out on the farm and I don't wanna call that a life as somebody would want it. He's on a strong medication and I feel damn sorry for him.

Being dirt poor and having two sons he can't support is already a big problem. Too many people here commit suicide and there is no help.

And considering that the guy was only 25 years old, just another tragic death of a young man. I hope there's really something after this life, and he's much happier now.

There were times in my life where I wanted to take my own life as well. The feeling when my first love left me was something I needed a long time to get over it and being young and stupid can easily become a reason to commit suicide.

That the guy had mental issues, isn't something people on this forum should make jokes about.

I'm certain that there are some on this forum who do have a similar problem when I'm reading some posts here.

Those are the guys who make weird jokes about something that's really sad.And suicide is very sad.

lostinisaan, nice post, and sorry about your brother in laws condition.

Where I live, some years back a German national got sectioned and placed in a mental institution here.

He really had lost the plot, and as he had no people he could really call 'friends', me and a friend decided to pay him a visit with some groceries etc.. and what I experienced was hard to take in.

Every patient was dosed to the hilt with Diazepan to the extent that they hardly new what was going on. On the wall was a list of patients with their age, and almost all were admitted for Yaba abuse and also reasonably young,.So the way Yaba is so easily available over here nowadays, things will not improve.

In Thailand, anybody with a mental illness and whose family is not prepared to take care, is unfortunately seen as a no hoper and that is where they end up, in an institution.

Luckily, with the German gentleman, we managed to contact his Embassy, and he was eventually repatriated.

lostinisaan, nice post, and sorry about your brother in laws condition.

Where I live, some years back a German national got sectioned and placed in a mental institution here.

He really had lost the plot, and as he had no people he could really call 'friends', me and a friend decided to pay him a visit with some groceries etc.. and what I experienced was hard to take in.

Every patient was dosed to the hilt with Diazepan to the extent that they hardly new what was going on. On the wall was a list of patients with their age, and almost all were admitted for Yaba abuse and also reasonably young,.So the way Yaba is so easily available over here nowadays, things will not improve.

In Thailand, anybody with a mental illness and whose family is not prepared to take care, is unfortunately seen as a no hoper and that is where they end up, in an institution.

Luckily, with the German gentleman, we managed to contact his Embassy, and he was eventually repatriated.

Thanks, mate. Should something similar with a German citizen happen again, please get in touch with DHV in Bangkok. There's also a place in Pattaya.

Sad is that too many are trying to milk the st\ystem by coming up with weird lies, just to extend their holiday......

I'm a volunteer for them, spent sometimes a lot of time to help such victims. Anybody of us could end up after having a stroke, or similar.

The least you need then are some jokers on this forum who might think that being mentally sick is negative and bad. Like some weird people who think that all HIV positive and AIDS developed people are all whores and junkies.

I've experienced quite a lot of very sad stories, not wanting to go into details now.

Here are the contact details, just in case if another German citizen is seeking emergency help:

They do work together with the German embassy.

http://www.dhv-thailand.de/index.php/kontakt

It's nice to read posts from people like you. Wish you a good one from Sisaket city. Cheers.-wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

R.I.P.

A tragedy for his family.

RIP. Condolences to his family.

Thailand needs to start addressing mental health issues as they are obviously an increasingy serious problem