Thai Logic? Not in my life time

One thing i have learned by now, do not try to apply your logic and expect for locals to follow it.

One way to succeed is to apply same kind of logic in response.

When nothing makes sense is when you win.

Regarding water, this is a never ending battle for many people.

My bills can range by up to 1000 baht in different months, impossible to win, just pay it and next month, bill will be smaller

welcome to Thailand.

I am leaving btw...

had enuf of the LOS thingy...

oh..... the capital S do not means Smile ....not to me.... it's Sc_ _ .. ( fill in the blanks )

Not a bad plan....I'm on the same wicket...?

You are a touch late I did it 6 years ago and never regret it

But, where to go?

welcome to Thailand.

I am leaving btw...

had enuf of the LOS thingy...

oh..... the capital S do not means Smile ....not to me.... it's Sc_ _ .. ( fill in the blanks )

Not a bad plan....I'm on the same wicket...?

You are a touch late I did it 6 years ago and never regret it

But, where to go?

blink.pngwhere to go?

The world is big , the world is beautiful. I also did left several years ago. And i wished i would have left earlier.

This country is a d_mp.

If for you the world is ugly, thats simply means you failed somewhere in your life....

but thats another subject, lets go back to the topic.

Edited by Bender

Today was no different...get my bill and it says I used 194 units of water for the month. Last month it was 94 and the month before that 28. So I tell the lady I lease from that something is not right, maybe she is reading the meter wrong??. She looks at me like I just escaped from the mental ward and says, "Maybe you are using the microwave too much????" <deleted>??? She tells me not to worry, next month will be lower as the rate will drop to 9 baht a unit.

Water from the water company costs around 35B/unit. The official rate for electricity is just over 4B/unit, though some businesses may pay more. So 9B/unit is probably not a water price. It is probably a (high) electricity price.

This may explain the comment about the microwave: it's your electricity bill.

Nope, she made sure that I understood the rates....currently 10 baht per unit for water.?

she is taking you for a ride, 10 baht is too cheap for a unit water. It should be around 17 baht/unit for water.

And 10 baht is a little expensive for a unit electricity. It should be between 4 to 7 baht!

This thread has nothing to do with Thai logic. It's about an anal retentive farang and his fed-up landlord. Why do some people have to be so melodramatic?

Must have pissed on your corn flakes....??

Where is the logic in thinking the microwave had anything to do with the high water bill???

You're talking about ONE PERSON. How does that translate to the other 60 million plus?

And the implication that farang are ALL amazingly logical.

Probably a case of language rather than logic and apparently losing one whiny tenant is worth the loss of rent.

This thread has nothing to do with Thai logic. It's about an anal retentive farang and his fed-up landlord. Why do some people have to be so melodramatic?

Where is the logic in thinking the microwave had anything to do with the high water bill???

You're talking about ONE PERSON. How does that translate to the other 60 million plus?

Probably a case of language rather than logic and apparently losing one whiny tenant is worth the loss of rent.

Actually it is very logical to rip people off for their water bills. They pay, the management pocket the cash. This logic doesn't consider that they might get fed up and move, but it is the logical way to act for short term gain.

I really wish it was that simple.....I've seen how she deals with other folks in the building....always a shit storm, but it is want it is....so just move on and let karma do the job.....now that is logical thinking, eh???

I really wish it was that simple.....I've seen how she deals with other folks in the building....always a shit storm, but it is want it is....so just move on and let karma do the job.....now that is logical thinking, eh???

Actually, I think that's Thai thinking :P