visa expires Nov, 20, immiogration stamped valid until Jan 2016

Hello

I have a 1 year visa which allows me to stay for 3 months at a time, but visa expires on November 20th.

On my last two overseas trips (in the last 6 weeks or so, they stamped my passport allowing me 3 months stay the current stamp allows me to stay until January 2016 which is clearly after the visa validity date of november 20th.

Has this happened to anyone else (its odd it has happened to me twice in a row), I suspect I know the answer but does anyone know if one or the other have priority?, do they actually check the visa on departure or just the spamp on the passport and departure card

Thanks

You were given 90 days permission to stay because the visa was valid on the day you entered the country.

That your permission to stay extends beyond the visas "enter before" date is of no issue

If you exit/reenter Thailand immediately prior to the visa expiring you will receive a new 90 day stamp.

Used correctly a multi-entry visa will allow almost 15 months in Thailand.

When departing the IO checks the "permission to stay date" not the visa.

Sorry for the delay in acknowledging the information you sent and thanks, I had no idea that is how it worked.

One more query, with my visa expiring on Nov 20 does that mean I have to enter before midnight on the 20th, or do I have to enter on th e19th

Thanks so much, I was convinced immigration just made a mistake