Insoles

allane

Where to buy insoles in Bangkok ? I prefer the semi-firm type, not soft foam rubber, or molded hard plastic.

Was just discussing this the other day with a friend who wants orthopedic insoles made similar to ones she had prescribed in the US. Haven't found a place yet (but haven't looked very hard either). Maybe there is a podiatrist in one of the hospitals who has a source.

• 1 month later...

With some amazing luck, I solved my own problem, and found exactly what I was looking for ! I trust that the man who helped me will not object to some free publicity:

Henry G. Joensen

Orthotic & Biomechanics Consultant

524/7 Soi Matanusorn

Mahaisawan Road

Bangkholaem, Bangkok 10120

Tel. (02) 292 - 1200 Fax:(02) 292 - 1480 E-mail: [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

Orthotics is the name of the game. Playing tennis for years without orthotics caused my metatarsal on my primary weight bearing service foot to collapse.

Podiatrists said very common. Prescribed orthotics after making mold of foot.

Problem went away aftr six months, however have hammer toe as a result of the collapse of the metatarsal.

If I don't wear my orthotics, foot pain.

Most professional tennis players today wear orthotics as a matter of course.

Finding a orthotically correct sandal was the challenge as you can't wear an orthotic with sandals.

Went to a high class walking shoe store and asked for the highest arch support sandall available and they suggested Mephisto Zonder.

Their sandal has a cork top to the heavy rubber sole that in a week or so conforms to the bottom of your foot in addition to having a very high arch support.

They are expensive but I wear them exclusively in Thailand and have no foot trouble at all, ever.

When I wear my soft Nike walking shoes, even with orthotics, my feet ache quickly, indicative that that the soft sole doesn't provide support, even with an orthotic.

I am pushing jet zip so am in the category of people with the most foot trouble, so I am blessed in finding my remedy.

• 7 years later...

With some amazing luck, I solved my own problem, and found exactly what I was looking for ! I trust that the man who helped me will not object to some free publicity:

Henry G. Joensen

Orthotic & Biomechanics Consultant

524/7 Soi Matanusorn

Mahaisawan Road

Bangkholaem, Bangkok 10120

Tel. (02) 292 - 1200 Fax:(02) 292 - 1480 E-mail: [email protected]

I used Henry G. Joensen several times before in the last 10 years, I am going there again next week to have them refit. I had heels spurs and the 1st pair of Orthotic insoles my problem was solved at a fraction of the cost I paid in the USA. Now have a hammertoe to correct - I hope.- No surgery for me Thank you

• 4 months later...

Its good to hear that Allane found the right place. I heard that orthotics compared to soft insoles, has a small benefit to proprioception. Could any one tell me that if wearing orthotics with stability shoes will affect proprioception by providing too much support and pronation control? I'm very curious to know, thanks in advance.