Thai Embassy Phnom Penh

I need to get a 3 month visa, probably from the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh, does anyone know how long this takes?

Is it a same day thing, next day or a few days?

And approx. cost.

About 9 months ago, I obtained a 60 days from Phnom Penh. I presented the passport in the morning of one day, and picked up the visa the next day.

Although the official was most courteous, I got the feeling that issuing tourist visa to foreigners was not to be taken for granted. I had to explain why I was temporarily staying in Thailand.

I need to get a 3 month visa, probably from the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh, does anyone know how long this takes?

And approx. cost.

About 9 months ago, I obtained a 60 days from Phnom Penh. I presented the passport in the morning of one day, and picked up the visa the next day.

Although the official was most courteous, I got the feeling that issuing tourist visa to foreigners was not to be taken for granted. I had to explain why I was temporarily staying in Thailand.

That's the very reason I ALWAYS use an agent to secure my tourist visa. You never need to face a consulate official or answer any questions. It's worth the extra money and I can go out and enjoy my day instead of hanging around the consulate.

You should get with the program. Pay the extra "fast track" money. No mater how "official" everyone seems, never forget this is Asia.

That's the very reason I ALWAYS use an agent to secure my tourist visa. You never need to face a consulate official or answer any questions. It's worth the extra money and I can go out and enjoy my day instead of hanging around the consulate.

You should get with the program. Pay the extra "fast track" money. No mater how "official" everyone seems, never forget this is Asia.

I have used them in Penang and they work wonders. Do they have them in KL too?

I have used them in Penang and they work wonders. Do they have them in KL too?

I wouldn't risk going to any consulate in Asia that didn't have them. Yes, they have agents in KL and Phnom Penh too. It's just a matter of finding a visa run service that has contacts in those areas. Most do.

I find the agent by taking an arranged trip the first time out in order to make the contact. After that I deal with the agent directly and email/phone when I'm about to do a visa run.

I've only just joined this forum, but one member gave some details of an agent in Penang. There might be a lot of useful information tucked away in the archives here.

And approx. cost.

What sort of agent? Travel Agent?

Would it be possible to go to a travel agent in PP?

Here in Pattaya, there are visa consultants all along Soi Buakow (near Soi Diana).

I spoke with 2 consultants (1 farang/1 thai) this week who quoted me a fee of 15k and all my visa problems would go away as I would receive 3 tourist visas from Penang. For 20k, I would never even have to leave my home!

I am willing to pay this however both consultants gave me the same disclaimer that if the police knew about this transaction, they would deny everything and claim they never saw me absolving them and I of any troubles. Now if they could NOT secure me a visa, would I get my pre-paid fees back? What do you think?

If this is a real visa your passport has been stamped out/in with someone other than you holding it and you could be in real bad trouble if used for terrorist travel and found out.

If it is sent without border stamps the visas will not be honored and be worthless.

If it is found out both you and the "consultant" (thief) will be subject to martial law.

Don't even think about it!

Here in Pattaya, there are visa consultants all along Soi Buakow (near Soi Diana).

I spoke with 2 consultants (1 farang/1 thai) this week who quoted me a fee of 15k and all my visa problems would go away as I would receive 3 tourist visas from Penang. For 20k, I would never even have to leave my home!

I am willing to pay this however both consultants gave me the same disclaimer that if the police knew about this transaction, they would deny everything and claim they never saw me absolving them and I of any troubles. Now if they could NOT secure me a visa, would I get my pre-paid fees back? What do you think?

This "trade" was shut down by the Thai authorities a few years ago, many passports 'took a holiday' to some foreign consulate without their owners even having to leave home. It is Illegal, and you will be in serious sh*t if you get caught using such a service.

Honestly, what do you think? :o

Has availability changed in Phnom Penh? About three years ago I went for a three month tourist visa at the PP Thai consulate. Two falangs in waiting room with about 20 asians which was quite a change from the Vienchien consulate. This was right after the embasy had burned in PP.

The officer would not give me a 3 month tourist visa and had written on my application additional requirements. Thai bank account with a large figure (forgot) and prof of residency. I asked if I could do an endless boarder run to Popiet and was told YES.

The other guy applying for an O visa sounded like he was a lawyer as he quoated Thai law to get his Visa. They acted like they did not want to issue him a visa but finally did.

Guess things could be different but I dont know anybody who has been there recent.

LLL

I had a smooth talking English visa consultant offering this service a few months back in Pattaya. The passports do travel and they do get the real stamps.

I was told that it was "money back" if they failed, but if they failed I suspect there would be other problems to consider, more pressing than a mere 20K.

Don't take the risk.