Non-o multiple visiting family success again in penang

They double-checked the reason for the application and he pulled out the thai birth certificate copy for my son and then said ok.

So you've obtained your Multi-entry visa based on your Thai Son, not wife, am I understand it correctly?

They double-checked the reason for the application and he pulled out the thai birth certificate copy for my son and then said ok.

So you've obtained your Multi-entry visa based on your Thai Son, not wife, am I understand it correctly?

that is correct. thai birth certificate, and housebook registration (tambien baan)

no money show for multiple entry ?

I think he showed some money in the bank. From OP "It was the same paperwork as last time, with updated statements"

yes. a non-thai bank showing >100k THB equivalent. A single entry non-o would have required some funds also. The only place i know with zero financial proof is Savannakhet, Laos. But you have to be married to thai national (can go alone) or bring the wife and child with you in some cases (de facto marriage).

According to a Polish national who applied the same day, no funds proof was required for tourist visa (single entry), no hotel booking, no onwards ticket, just the application and the money. That was her first or 2nd entry into thailand. She could have attempted to do another visa exempt and saved her visa for the next Thai entry later this month, but didn't want to take a chance at Sadao. A Philippine national also was applying for thai tourist visa, but I forgot to ask if they were requesting proof of funds, plane ticket, etc. We talked more about the requirements of a national to get out of the Philippines, which was revealing (but for another thread).

Seems to have relaxed a bit from last time where more people were asked for a bank statement to prove 20k baht for tourist visa.

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've just got a single non 'o' in Vientiane and I was very lucky to get it as I had no tabiban for my son as he was born in the uk and I'm going through the process to put him on a friends tabiban which believe you is a pain in the arse even though I have full custody of him and his mum is in the uk, I was just lucky that I took my girlfriend with me who explained the situation and she had to guarantee my application, but no financial proof was required in Vientiane for a single entry non o for being a father of a Thai

• Like 1

Sorry for bumping up this old thread;

I am wondering about my chances of getting a Multiple Non-O at the Thai consulate in Penang next month.

- Have Scandinavian passport and have several visits with "Visa exempt" during the last few years. No Visas for several years.

- Got warning some time ago when entering DMK airport with my partner and our children, and asked to get a proper visa.

- Have entered BKK several times since on "Visa exempt", without too much hassle.

- Can transfer funds into Thai bank account if needed.

- I am the father of our 2 children, and was planning to bring birth certificates (where my name is on) and "Tambien baan" and passports.

- Not married (but planning on bringing copy of partners ID-card)

Appreciate any insight.

I am wondering about my chances of getting a Multiple Non-O at the Thai consulate in Penang next month.

- Have Scandinavian passport and have several visits with "Visa exempt" during the last few years. No Visas for several years.

- Got warning some time ago when entering DMK airport with my partner and our children, and asked to get a proper visa.

- Have entered BKK several times since on "Visa exempt", without too much hassle.

- I am the father of our 2 children, and was planning to bring birth certificates (where my name is on) and "Tambien baan" and passports.

Appreciate any insight.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa if you can show 100k baht in the bank.

Your previous entry history will have no effect on getting the visa.

Appreciate any insight.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa if you can show 100k baht in the bank.

Your previous entry history will have no effect on getting the visa.

Thanks ubonjoe, that sounds very promising!

I will report back on the outcome.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, really hoping someone can help me with a bit of information.

I am planning to get an O visa in Penang in November for the 1 year option.

I have a baby girl and my name is on the birth certificate.

I have been informed I will need 400k in my Thai Bank account to get the visa and it will take 2 working days is this information correct.

From what I have read on here will I need the following?

Babys birth certificate.

my birth cetificate

rent book agreement

400k in my Thai bank

2 Passport photos ETC

Would really love some help on this as I am very new to doing this.

Cheers all

Steve

I know this is an old thread, really hoping someone can help me with a bit of information.

I have been informed I will need 400k in my Thai Bank account to get the visa and it will take 2 working days is this information correct.

Babys birth certificate.

my birth cetificate

rent book agreement

400k in my Thai bank

2 Passport photos ETC

Cheers all

Steve

You apply the morning of one day and pickup your passport the next afternoon.

Latest reports are that they want to see 400k baht in the bank.

Child's birth certificate plus a copy of it and a copy of their house book registry.

Scratch your birth certificate and rental agreement from the list they are not needed.

Copy of your passport photo page.

Two 3.5 X 4.5 photos for this application form. Penang.pdf

Babys birth certificate.

my birth cetificate

rent book agreement

400k in my Thai bank

2 Passport photos ETC

Cheers all

Steve

You apply the morning of one day and pickup your passport the next afternoon.

Latest reports are that they want to see 400k baht in the bank.

Child's birth certificate plus a copy of it and a copy of their house book registry.

Scratch your birth certificate and rental agreement from the list they are not needed.

Copy of your passport photo page.

Two 3.5 X 4.5 photos for this application form.

Thank you so much for the reply.

That's really helpful

Steve

For the bank statements, can you print off the internet or photocopy bank book for proof? Or does it have to be an "official print out" / stamped from bank?

Thanks in advance for any help

You should have your bank book with you to show if asked and attach copies of it to your application. I suggest you update your bank book just before you start the trip to Penang.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Stevie1976 said:

Does anybody know how long the 400k needs to be in your Thai Bank before your can apply?

I have heard stories of 30 days to 2 months.

Cheers

Steve

For a visa application it only has to be in the bank on the date you apply.

• 11 months later...
18 minutes ago, Stevie1976 said:

I have to renew my 1 year o dependant visa in December.

Is KL still the best to do this and are there any alternatives.

I hear Laos will only permit single entry?

Is KL and Penang the best options?

thank you so much all

Steve

What do you mean by a non-o dependent visa?

If you mean a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai Penang is the only nearby location that will issue them. You will need 400k baht in a bank or proof income to get it.

KL stopped issuing multiple entry visas several years ago.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What do you mean by a non-o dependent visa?

If you mean a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai Penang is the only nearby location that will issue them. You will need 400k baht in a bank or proof income to get it.

KL stopped issuing multiple entry visas several years ago.

i got a multiple entry last December pal at KL.

I had the 400k and all the documents with me.

another guy got a 1 year multiple entry as well I just put multiple entry where it states how many entries required.

The guy was surprised he got one I have to leave the country every 90 days but can do it as much as possible.

cost quite a bit though as far as i can remember