Best value coastal land

We have also been looking to put about 5 million baht to buy some land. Would there be a problem if one bought a good piece of land and left it to be used in the far future? We live in Bangkok and have another 15 years of working life before thinking of retiring. Will the land be safe or is there a danger of intruders, settlers, mafia types? With both of us working, we would be able to go see the land only 1-2 times each year. We will only buy land with a clear title/chanote.

I think usually there are no problems with that. Many people do this. Recommend though you buy land in area you expect to go up in price, I.e. Near main road where you think in future there might be a lot of new developments.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People that would buy land they can`t own, have no powers over and could be turfed off at a moments notice must be nuts. I`ll never understand the thinking of those that do.

Wife will buy. Nuff said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine investing a lot of cash into something that is based on the continued well being and loyalty of someone else.

The best of British luck to you, seriously, I hope it all works out for the future. For me, not on your Nellie.

Given the amounts we're talking about, I'd be more concerned that I'd chosen to marry someone that I didn't trust with 20 grand, than the risk of losing 20 grand.

Would also be concerned that I'd ended up in a position where losing that amount of money would cause serious repercussions for my future.

Just put in what you can afford to loose and continue happily. Easy. In the UK for instance you may loose the same. Not saying that will happen. Probably wont. Its common savvy really.