Advice on visa now double-entry tourist visa is gone

^^

Arrogance my dear friend.

You have it.

A birthright to rock up to the country of your choice, simply because you want to, and stay there as long as you decide to, with no other reason to other than that's what you want to do, sorry to disappoint you....

You don't have it.

Deal with it.

I do have a right if they give me visas lol

And I am not telling lies on my application form

They give me visas I come

Staggering simple isn't it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"But I don't like the fact I have to go home to get a METV I would like to go somewhere else to get one "

Why the aversion to returning home ?

Because it's shit for me there now

Family all dead friends all married or moved on

^^

You have it.

A birthright to rock up to the country of your choice, simply because you want to, and stay there as long as you decide to, with no other reason to other than that's what you want to do, sorry to disappoint you....

You don't have it.

Deal with it.

So what's your problem then?

Why do so many Westerners feel that they have some sort of birth-right to just rock up to a country and stay there as long as they want? huh.png

Thailand is fantastic,, visa wise, If you don't fit into one of the many, many categories (there is pretty much a category for everyone!), then leave as you have no right to be here.

smile.png

Under 50, single, not working, unsure how long will be here.

Which visa?

None.

They have no birth-right to be here.

"unsure how long will be here."

Do you think that people automatically to have the right to rock-up to a place and decide, hey, I'm staying here as long as I want to!! no I'm not going to work, study, volunteer or be a tourist, have any connections to the country such as a wife/husband or child, but I'm d @mn well staying as long as I want!

The sheer arrogance on display is staggering.

Aliens that are working, studying, volunteering, married, have a kid, retired, tourist, etc.

There are simple visas and extensions for all of them.

Don't fit in, why are you here, get out and either live in a country that you have a birth right to live in, or move someplace that allows you to.

It's staggeringly simple.

coffee1.gif

I suppose I should be at home paying your pension

... yep, now you're on the point!

And while doing so hearing every few years that you'll have to be doing it even longer & longer again with premia at record hights but therefore far less outcome. Sounds a bit like a local LOL-scam, indeed.

Luckily time will sort out that particular problem, sooner rather than later ...

^^

You have it.

You don't have it.

Deal with it.

So what's your problem then?

None really if I have to go I have to go

I am just trying to work out what my options are

So if I have to leave I don't have to rush things

Did you read the thread or just come in to troll half way through?

- 1 month : visa exempt for lot of foreigncountries citizens

- 1 to 3 months : single entry visa

- up to 6/8 months : the new METV

what can be clearer and more simple than the 3 possibilities thailand offers to (real) tourists whistling.gif ????

(whatever the thai or western meaning of tourist)

i really think that lot of people here are making difficult...facepalm.gif it's everyones life coffee1.gif

Edited by silverado

So you're all good then. thumbsup.gif

Sounded like you felt you should be allowed to rock-up to any country in the World for no purpose, and then just stay there as long as you decide to.

No what a ridiculous thing 2 say lol

I think you should stop judging people

Why do so many Westerners feel that they have some sort of birth-right to just rock up to a country and stay there as long as they want? huh.png

Thailand is fantastic,, visa wise, If you don't fit into one of the many, many categories (there is pretty much a category for everyone!), then leave as you have no right to be here.

smile.png

Which visa?

hey, I'm staying here as long as I want to!! no I'm not going to work, study, volunteer or be a tourist, have any connections to the country such as a wife/husband or child, but I'm d @mn well staying as long as I want!

coffee1.gif

I have heard very similar monologues from single pensioners. coffee1.giflaugh.png

• Like 2

smile.png

Which visa?

hey, I'm staying here as long as I want to!! no I'm not going to work, study, volunteer or be a tourist, have any connections to the country such as a wife/husband or child, but I'm d @mn well staying as long as I want!

coffee1.gif

I have heard very similar monologues from single pensioners. coffee1.giflaugh.png
Yep me 2 I wonder what he will be like when he is old he is only 36 now

Just curious if I was to get married

How easy is it 2 stay here then?

Very easy.Just go to Savannakhet, apply for a Multiple-Entry Non-O, based on marriage.

You don't even need to show any funds!

Not the best way of staying in Thailand, get married and lose your freedom! Says the bitter and twisted divorcee...555

Just curious if I was to get married

How easy is it 2 stay here then?

Very easy.Just go to Savannakhet, apply for a Multiple-Entry Non-O, based on marriage.

Not the best way of staying in Thailand, get married and lose your freedom! Says the bitter and twisted divorcee...555

Yeah probably right I was just being curious

Yeah probably right I was just being curious

Curioisty killed the cat and then curioisty got lumbered with a huge extended family...

• Like 2

Yep me 2 I wonder what he will be like when he is old he is only 36 now

... makes already 3 of us - forget it, who gives a flying tosz anyway?!

Duped into one of the oh so many 'perfect fitting options' - either into marriage or dumped lotta cash into this entirely unreliable place in some other way and now pissed about everyone who doesn't want to stumble into same traps ...

You just keep on keeping on your way mon!

• Like 1

^^

You have it.

You don't have it.

Deal with it.

No, actually you STILL don't have a "right" if they give you visas (lol). The IO can still turn you away at his discretion. This is the problem many of us have here: the idea that you have these "rights" here when what's really happened is that Thailand has simply chosen to extend certain PRIVILEGES. Lose the entitlement mindset.

I'm far (very far...) from being a Thai apologist. And the other side of the coin is the international scorn & derision that inconsistent, capricious policies will bring. But still their choice, and not something you have any "rights" or say in. You really do need to deal with that.

Oh, and what any of US see as a "problem" in need of a "solution" isn't necessarly any sort of a problem from the Thai perspective. So much utter presumption. Criticize & discuss all you want, but the moment you start talking about "rights" you lose the plot.

• Like 1

^^

You have it.

You don't have it.

Deal with it.

No, actually you STILL don't have a "right" if they give you visas (lol). The IO can still turn you away at his discretion. This is the problem many of us have here: the idea that you have these "rights" here when what's really happened is that Thailand has simply chosen to extend certain PRIVILEGES. Lose the entitlement mindset.

I'm far (very far...) from being a Thai apologist. And the other side of the coin is the international scorn & derision that inconsistent, capricious policies will bring. But still their choice, and not something you have any "rights" or say in. You really do need to deal with that.

Oh, and what any of US see as a "problem" in need of a "solution" isn't necessarly any sort of a problem from the Thai perspective. So much utter presumption. Criticize & discuss all you want, but the moment you start talking about "rights" you lose the plot.

Ok I agree with that I was quoting some one else on the word rights

You are right

But I just saying it's there decision to give me visas and then let me in

I don't see why people like happy grumpy moan about

Especially if I am not breaking rules

The thing is, you will still find some schools in BKK desperate to stay in business, selling you a year worth of ED visa and saying you will get extensions every 3 months. They have all the accreditation from the MOE, you will pay for the course, do the lessons, get the visa.

But unless you get a multiple ED, and you can just do border runs every 3 months, you will have to go to BKK immigration to extend. and that's when troubles start.

If you get a multiple ED visa, does that mean you will be able to have a year's stay (fly in/out every 3 months) in Thailand before needing to get a new visa?

I presume you won't have any hassles with immigration with this option?

Investment Visa, stick 10MillionTHB in the bank & when you're ready to leave take it with you [emoji106]

That would be one of the stupidest things to do imo. Who in their right mind would keep a sh*t load of cash or any assets in Thailand? An absolutely pathetic return on your cash & the potential of them one day deciding to take foreigners cash for themselves.

Keep everything in your home country & take pockete money here when you need it.

I'm sure that a few people would say getting married is even more stupid (& more expensive in the long run),!

Joking aside I find the idea of people almost being forced to get married so they can stay with their partner outrageous, but I guess it's no different than people doing it so they can take their Thai wife back to their own country.

But I put the Investment Visa out there as its a legitimate option if you have the cash available & I haven't seen anybody else mention it, whether it's a sensible risk for an individual depends on their personal circumstances.... I'd be in if the Thai Bhat ever got back to over 70 to £1 or 38 to s$1 (SGD not USD).

Oh & I'm happy with my assets being split across UK & Singapore as helps smooth out some of the currency fluctuations (plus I don't want to take the hit on shipping money back to the UK when I've no intentions of living there again) but again, it's down to individual circumstances.

Edited by JB300

The thing is, you will still find some schools in BKK desperate to stay in business, selling you a year worth of ED visa and saying you will get extensions every 3 months. They have all the accreditation from the MOE, you will pay for the course, do the lessons, get the visa.

But unless you get a multiple ED, and you can just do border runs every 3 months, you will have to go to BKK immigration to extend. and that's when troubles start.

If you get a multiple ED visa, does that mean you will be able to have a year's stay (fly in/out every 3 months) in Thailand before needing to get a new visa?

yes even 15 months.

Nothing is 100% anymore in ED visa world. When flying back in a guy was drilled in Thai and refused entry in thl by immigration officer.

But that was reported only once, -as opposed to many immigration office disastrous extensions experiences- and you always have the option of choosing something else than Thai.

yes even 15 months.

Nothing is 100% anymore in ED visa world. When flying back in a guy was drilled in Thai and refused entry in thl by immigration officer.

But that was reported only once, -as opposed to many immigration office disastrous extensions experiences- and you always have the option of choosing something else than Thai.

Really, 15 months? I thought the days of the 15 months on an ED visa was long gone since more than a year ago since the ED visa changes. I thought the max stay was 12 months before needing a new visa. But that was on a single entry ED visa.

Edited by bbi1

yes even 15 months.

Really, 15 months? I thought the days of the 15 months on an ED visa was long gone since more than a year ago since the ED visa changes. I thought the max stay was 12 months before needing a new visa. But that was on a single entry ED visa.

Thats the official length of the course- 18 months=12 + 6

If your school agrees to let you start 3 months after you get the visa, you get an extra 3 months.

Then after a year, you leave the country, get another visa it's 6 months left, plus extra 3 months,so 9 months if you start late.

But again that depends where you are located, outside BKK you could study longer.

Nothing against the OP, but triple entry and then double entry visa is a long period of time to be in a country and still to be considered a tourist. I can't speak for why Thailand would or should care too much, but they apparently now are. So for options: Investment visa, which doesn't seem likely in his case. The Thai Elite Visa, which cost wise doesn't seem that easy for the OP either. Sorry, but it seems like Thailand is catching up to what many of the other countries in the world do. Tourist visas are in general meant for relatively short-term visitors for the purpose of tourism, not living in the country. Their country, their policies. The METV seems cumbersome but doable. Not sure how many back to back METV's they will allow or want to allow

If the OP cannot qualify for the METV, the other question is how many SETVs will be allowed - and whether an SETV from one consulate will count against an applicant at another. Have the consulates been given any "new instructions" about SETVs along with the METV info? Hopefully our forum-friend Khun Vongbali can shed some light on that.

If no changes to what was done recently, a new passport every 2 years will work. The only real difference to the double-entry method, is needing to spend 2 days outside Thailand instead of 20 minutes.

If the OP cannot qualify for the METV, the other question is how many SETVs will be allowed - and whether an SETV from one consulate will count against an applicant at another. Have the consulates been given any "new instructions" about SETVs along with the METV info? Hopefully our forum-friend Khun Vongbali can shed some light on that.

If no changes to what was done recently, a new passport every 2 years will work. The only real difference to the double-entry method, is needing to spend 2 days outside Thailand instead of 20 minutes.

A few people have said a new passport but don't they keep all your visas and entries on a computer so know anyway, I don't know but I would be very surprised if they don't

A few people have said a new passport but don't they keep all your visas and entries on a computer so know anyway, I don't know but I would be very surprised if they don't

Your 'enties' are definitely on the Immigration computer. Thus far, Consulates only know what they see in your passport. It would be wise to have the required cash plus proof of overseas employment / incoming funds, when crossing into Thailand.

Do you think that people automatically to have the right to rock-up to a place and decide, hey, I'm staying here as long as I want to!! no I'm not going to work, study, volunteer or be a tourist, have any connections to the country such as a wife/husband or child, but I'm d @mn well staying as long as I want!

Everyday single pensioners (with a small pension at that) or old sex pats "rock-up" on these shores and are welcomed with open arms fall into that description

Yet under 50, bringing in multitudes more cash into local economy...go home?

• Like 1

Everyday single pensioners (with a small pension at that) or old sex pats "rock-up" on these shores and are welcomed with open arms fall into that description

Yet under 50, bringing in multitudes more cash into local economy...go home?

What is a "small pension" ?

Many pensioners are wealthy people.

How much is "multitudes more cash" ?