Need dumbphone, 2nd hand best?

jobin

Put my old Nokia into the washing machine; was hidden in a pocket. Dead now. So have borrowed a Nokia but this one is very poor for me. Way too many bad operations.

So am looking for another phone just for voice phoning and the short messages. Can find new Nokia for 600 baht, some under. Is this the best bet for me or should i search around for a second hand upgrade. I'm not really up on the history of these phones but possibly as the mobile internet grew like Topsy, all the phones tried to tap into the web market and so better dumbphones were never made.

I'm in CM and can't come to you if you have 'for sale'.

2G will be supported (by AIS)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Are you sure? If so then only for another year!
Nope

2G is here to stay

It was reported by the local newspapers....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

REALLY! Didn't see it! Also not sure how as AIS don't actually own spectrum. Unless they are going to use some of the 900 mhz they hope to win in this bid!

You can buy a super-basic Samsung or Nokia for as little as 300 baht in the supermarkets. Why would you want to go second hand?

Nods in agreement this is what I used to do before the wife wanted me to go high-tech, but no good for me my pc is the high-tech item and the phone is just the phone. Example top up 50 baht 29 days later still have 50 baht credit so I let her borrow it for 1 day to run off the credit lol

Although anything can happen - 2G will not be available on AIS for more than a few months at best according to news reports as of today.

The NBTC proposed to the junta three options for switching off 2G on the 900MHz and 1,800MHz spectra. It could take place seven days after the auctions are completed, or when it awards the licences to the successful bidders, or once the bid winners kick off the service.
The NBTC will award the licences before the end of this year, while the bid winners are expected to introduce their services early next year.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/870098-nbtc-consults-govt-on-timing-of-2g-switch-off-after-spectrum-auctions/#entry10067795