Best Place For Cancer Treatment?

SeattleSam

Try Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital in Bangkok.

Latest equipment and good communication skills but be advised that the price they quote you DOES NOT include medication, extra visits, hospital stays or other incidental expenses.

They are a private hospital and rather pricey.

Good luck to your father in law.

Sorry to hear that. What about the hospital he was diagnosed in? Are they any good? I would say either Bangkok hospital or Samitivej. A friend had cervical cancer diagnosed at B'grad but was very disappointed with the treatment she received there, she ended up going to Samitivej to recover from the surgery.

Good luck

I also vote for Samitivej. I have referred people there for cancer treatment and they have been very pleased with the care.

One point you should be aware of is that depending on the type of tumor and whether it has been caught very early, the prognosis may be poor in which case you and he may want to think carefully before embarking on expensive and painful treatments. Ask very straight questions about the type of tumor (large cell/small cell/adenocarcinoma), size in cm, stage of the cancer (any spread beyond the lung, and how extensive within the lung) and the prognosis under different treatment scenarios.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of further help, and good luck

Actually, I took him to Bungradgrad for their comprehensive checkup 2 weeks ago, and we are suppose to go back there tomorrow for a first consultation about their diagnosis and treatment plan (I just got back after 2 weeks in the US tonight). I am familiar with Cancer, and will probably use Bungradgrad as the second opinion. Later I'll take him to Samitivej, maybe even also to Bangkok hospital later on for an additional opinion. Lung cancer is one of the worst, and from what I have gleaned so far, it all pretty much depends on how early they caught it, and of course if it has matasticized. If it is advanced, then we'll just focus on making things as comfortable for him as possible.

The whole family met me at the airport tonight, and the father was there, pleasant, friendly and smiling as though he didn't have a care in the world.

Again, thanks for all your help. Your information has been extremely valuable, and you may very well have saved many years of his life, or at the least avoided alot of discomfort, pain and suffering for him.

it gets stranger and stranger. got the father to Bunradgrad along with his son's wife, and another son. after we checked in at the doctor's station on the 2nd floor (he had seen us 2 weeks earlier), the Thai medical secretaries looked up his name, and then started to inform me that there was nothing wrong with him. Of course I figured this must be the usual Thai-Falang misunderstanding so I started politely giving them the 3rd degree. They show me all the reports, and especially, the radiology report. the father was normal. No cancer.

Then I had them ask the family a series of questions. Seems no one thought the father had cancer, and no one had told him he had cancer. No one knew of a letter sent to the family from the hospital regarding cancer. The good news was my ex-father in law, a farmer from Chaiyaphum, did not have lung cancer. (I've known him for about 15 years and have grown very fond of both him and his wife. The bad news is it appears someone in the family was out to get some money. This is going to be an interesting mystery to unravel.

Anyone know of a reliable private investing company?

Also, I apologize for wasting everyone's time, although I have to admit, I'm very glad he doesn't have cancer.

The bad news is it appears someone in the family was out to get some money. This is going to be an interesting mystery to unravel.

Anyone know of a reliable private investing company?

Also, I apologize for wasting everyone's time, although I have to admit, I'm very glad he doesn't have cancer.

I am very pleased that he does not have cancer, a great relief to all no doubt.

Have you not tackled the person who told you that he had cancer?

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is one of these Thai situations I'll never unravel entirely. They are farmers from Issan. I finally talked to the doctor myself last week. It turns out that the father did have a serious kidney problem (he's 74), which was very treatable with medication. The letter called him back to the hospital for that. As for the cancer, the doctor had told them he was pre-cancerous (a high blood reading) (he's a smoker), so maybe the family was trying to scare him into not smoking. I think the doctor was trying to get their attention with the pre-cancerous talk.

Whew!

As the Thais say, "Mai phen lai".