Oz Spouse Visa Advice...............

If on the sponsorship form I list my two jobs im currently working in Thailand would a letter from each employer stating the time i have been employed for and my salary be enough evidence, which i have, or will the embassy be nosey and ask to see a work permit, which i dont have?

I have savings of around 25k AUD so i think that would be enough to proove I can support the wife wntill I have a job in Oz, but I feel that but using my work here in Thaialnd, they would at least see that I have not been an un-employed bludger fro the past two years whilst here.........................

Does anyone know if the Embassy will check if I have a work permit or not if I use my That Income as a means of showing my financial status?

I just dont want the embassy to cause any tax related problems for me in the future.......................

Thanks.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

I dont think the work permit would be an issue, that should be a matter between you and the Thai Authorities.

However you will have a Taxation liability for money earned while overseas, or at least it has to be declared on your next income tax return.

The main thing they are gonna look at is can you support her for 2 years, she will have medicare but no welfare benefits, unless you desert her.

Hopefully Pat Pong may get into this one as yours is a unique situation, if he doesnt, then PM him.

Since i do not have a work permit here I was not planing to declare the income on return to Australia because as far as anyone knows , I have not been working here and there is no record of it. That is why I am a bit not sure weather or not i should declare my income on the sponsorship form, if the Oz embassy pass this info along to the ATO, I might have to pay for this at a later date.

I do know that the Oz Embassy say "to remove all tax file numbers from doccuments" so after reading this it would make me feel that the Oz embassy is not going to make problems for me with the ATO. I think if I didnt declare my income here, and just used my savings plus my job offer letter in Oz, that would be enough to get the visa, but i think it would help to use my income here. Also by not using my income here, when my partner is interviewed she will have to change her story about what I do here because she obviously cant say that I work 7 days per week here when I havent declaired my jobs, that is why im not sure what to do.......................................

I would like to minimise my chances of having a problem or having to pay back taxes to the ATO, and the only way the ATO can find out about my employment history here is from what is passed onto them from the embassy.....................

Ideas?

Thanks for the help.