PM speaks from his heart of current political situation

rooster59

<deleted> to the detractors!

This man would die happy if he was to achieve his goal of reforming Thai thinking into a democratic society in real terms instead of the caste system via economic and historic advantage. Under such conditions there is no constriction of wealth or enterprise but a termination of the control that corruptly gained wealth has been inflicted .

Ignorance and poor education coupled with greed is and has been the tool of manipulative motivation. Ridding it is no simple task .

The self proclaimed " greatest " democracy on the planet is rife with the very same issues.

And the citizens of that nation are generally just as ignorant..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This man would die happy if he was to achieve his goal of reforming Thai thinking into a democratic society in real terms instead of the caste system via economic and historic advantage. Under such conditions there is no constriction of wealth or enterprise but a termination of the control that corruptly gained wealth has been inflicted .

Ignorance and poor education coupled with greed is and has been the tool of manipulative motivation. Ridding it is no simple task .

The self proclaimed " greatest " democracy on the planet is rife with the very same issues.

Huh?

Huh?

Yep ! As written.

Six pages of hand-written messages by the PM was disclosed by Maj Gen Spokesman in a press conference yesterday.

This posting really cry’s out to be lambasted!

Especially the revelation of his fears over ill-intentioned factions that have no regard whatsoever with the law or the judiciary.

As much as I would have loved to vent my spleen at this piece of trash from the broadcaster we can trust, I unfortunately chanced upon James 4:11, which is just as appropriate for me as it is for Prayut.

Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

Six pages of hand-written messages by the PM was disclosed by Maj Gen Spokesman in a press conference yesterday.

Especially the revelation of his fears over ill-intentioned factions that have no regard whatsoever with the law or the judiciary.

As much as I would have loved to vent my spleen at this piece of trash from the broadcaster we can trust, I unfortunately chanced upon James 4:11, which is just as appropriate for me as it is for Prayut.

Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

Ast thou doest thou art!

Ast thou doest thou art!

You know that marijuana is illegal in Thailand, right?

Setting up a democratic government is a very difficult thing to do.

Just take a look at some of the African and Middle Eastern countries trying to do it.

I think this man saved Thailand from an all-out civil war and is sincere in his concern for the country.

He used to mention the word "Thainess" a lot, which I took to heart. I left Thailand in 2005 because I could see that the Megalomaniac running the country was doing just that; destroying the culture, along with many other unsavory things.

Thailand MUST try very hard this time to develop it's own form of democracy and that will take some time.

In the US we have a "representative democracy" which is really not quite satisfactory enough as it leaves a lot decisions up to just a few powerful people who don't always have the best interest of the country in mind.

We also have a lot of those influential and wealthy, behind-the-scenes people, that has been mentioned in some of the posts above.

Let's give this guy a chance.

Thus his roadmap to democracy does not encompass the words "election" and "democracy"?

Quote "citing election and democracy which he said was a "trap". unquote. I guess that pretty well spells out his feelings against both principals. Its a trap we need his road map to find our way. Wonder where I can buy this road map.?

Allow me to translate part of this

"Media needs to stop reporting pointless discord"
C'mon guys... I'm supposed to be the great savior who stopped all the fighting. Don't show people that we're still fighting! I don't look good! I'll sue you for defamation!

In the spirit of being helpful I would like to suggest one possible solution for our Dear Leader which would result in a quick resolution of the many problems which trouble him.

It is very simple and was used with significant success in the British Army for officers with pressing difficulties of delicate nature.

In brief colleagues would indicate a quiet room where a revolver and a bottle of whisky would be waiting.A gentleman - and there is no doubt Dear Leader is a gentleman - would know the decent thing to do.

In this way his worries would be all over and the country could move forward to broad sunlit uplands.

Is this the 2nd or 3rd time the ' from the heart ' pitch has been used ?

Didn't work first time around but why stop as it's catchy if not sincere ?

Wasn't it from the heart that he reassured locals that the B2 were guilty and congratulated BIB for a job well done?

Is one to assume that when he is not talking from his heart he is talking from Stuphet's heart?

Is all about what he wants and nothing to do with democracy... Although heart warming tactic, I do not believe the Thai people will fall for his campaign

It is all a matter of time. And in saying that the voting sysytem his associates have slapped together still will not be enough to hold him there

Just take a look at some of the African and Middle Eastern countries trying to do it.

I think this man saved Thailand from an all-out civil war and is sincere in his concern for the country.

He used to mention the word "Thainess" a lot, which I took to heart. I left Thailand in 2005 because I could see that the Megalomaniac running the country was doing just that; destroying the culture, along with many other unsavory things.

Thailand MUST try very hard this time to develop it's own form of democracy and that will take some time.

In the US we have a "representative democracy" which is really not quite satisfactory enough as it leaves a lot decisions up to just a few powerful people who don't always have the best interest of the country in mind.

We also have a lot of those influential and wealthy, behind-the-scenes people, that has been mentioned in some of the posts above.

ok, I will give him a few more months since you ask so nicely, but after that Im coming in with the tanks

but seriously, this battle has yet to begin and the wealthy influential people that are behind it we cant talk about here

Edited by phycokiller

ok, I will give him a few more months since you ask so nicely, but after that Im coming in with the tanks

but seriously, this battle has yet to begin and the wealthy influential people that are behind it we cant talk about here

yes youre right, this is a redshirt page. No room for debate hear buddy.

I think we are being unfair to the PM. He DOES love his country, I have no doubt of that at all.

Maybe his ideas are not our ideas, so we hate him?

The political instability is not black and white. There are bad yellows and bad reds.

I do not like "attitude adjustments" and firing reporters, and all the rest.

But I have no right to tell Thailand how to be Thailand.

None whatsoever.

I want them to prosper and be happy.

Is that wrong?

Great,put y/s back in. Let her borrow a few more billios from IMF to put in her pockets and her relatives pockets.

I know this is a rad idea but why not let the voters decide?

You mean like a single gateway?

Huh?

Since cobbler wants a debate, allow me to debate a few of your points.

"Setting up a democratic government is a very difficult thing to do."

Yes, but bringing down a democratic government is quite easy, as the Thai military had demonstrated.

More to point, Thailand had a democratic government, elected in an internationally monitored election. This elected government was attempting to have another election so the voters could choose, but the anti-democrats put a stop to that.

"I think this man saved Thailand from an all-out civil war and is sincere in his concern for the country."

There was no risk of a civil war. The protests were running out of steam, and all Prayut had to do to end them was to make it clear there would be no coup, the army would help the police in breaking up illegal protests and help ensure a peaceful election. What was left of the protest would have faded overnight.

However that would have resulted in a successful election and a government with new electoral legitimacy. This was not to the liking of the elites of Thailand, who are the only Thai's Prayut is concerned with.

"I left Thailand in 2005 because I could see that the Megalomaniac running the country was doing just that; destroying the culture, along with many other unsavory things."

Clearly you are one of the many who believe that since Thaksin was bad, anyone anti-Thaksin is good. That's the kind of thinking that led Weimar Germany to accept Hitler as an alternative to communism.

"Thailand MUST try very hard this time to develop it's own form of democracy and that will take some time."

No democracy is born stable and mature, it has to evolve into that state, and that means allowing democracy to continue without intervening coups. Prayut and the military have no qualifications in establishing a democracy, as demonstrated by his mandated approach to Thai-style democracy--only those Thai's that meet Prayut's approval are allowed to define a severely limited "democracy" that would be acceptable to the military.

"Let's give this guy a chance."

A lot of junta-huggers were posting that sentiment in the months after the coup. It's now been a year and a half since this "reform government" forced its way into power, and we don't have so much as a clear statement of the reforms it intends to implement. In the meantime the constitution (written at the direction of the military after the previous coup) was suspended, a new draft constitution written and rejected, a committee to write another draft is being formed, elections keep being pushed out, etc. Meanwhile the rest of the world looks on and laughs:

"PRAYUTH CHAN-OCHA, Thailand’s prime minister, sometimes resembles a ham actor ad-libbing his way through an audition for a role as an unhinged dictator. “You cannot oppose me. No one will let you do that!” he told reporters this month, before threatening to deal with critics by taping their mouths shut." http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21665016-unelected-dictatorship-thailands-government-finds-china-more-amenable-america-under

How much time do you want to give this guy?

Since cobbler wants a debate, allow me to debate a few of your points.

"Setting up a democratic government is a very difficult thing to do."

Yes, but bringing down a democratic government is quite easy, as the Thai military had demonstrated.

More to point, Thailand had a democratic government, elected in an internationally monitored election. This elected government was attempting to have another election so the voters could choose, but the anti-democrats put a stop to that.

"I think this man saved Thailand from an all-out civil war and is sincere in his concern for the country."

There was no risk of a civil war. The protests were running out of steam, and all Prayut had to do to end them was to make it clear there would be no coup, the army would help the police in breaking up illegal protests and help ensure a peaceful election. What was left of the protest would have faded overnight.

However that would have resulted in a successful election and a government with new electoral legitimacy. This was not to the liking of the elites of Thailand, who are the only Thai's Prayut is concerned with.

"I left Thailand in 2005 because I could see that the Megalomaniac running the country was doing just that; destroying the culture, along with many other unsavory things."

Clearly you are one of the many who believe that since Thaksin was bad, anyone anti-Thaksin is good. That's the kind of thinking that led Weimar Germany to accept Hitler as an alternative to communism.

"Thailand MUST try very hard this time to develop it's own form of democracy and that will take some time."

No democracy is born stable and mature, it has to evolve into that state, and that means allowing democracy to continue without intervening coups. Prayut and the military have no qualifications in establishing a democracy, as demonstrated by his mandated approach to Thai-style democracy--only those Thai's that meet Prayut's approval are allowed to define a severely limited "democracy" that would be acceptable to the military.

"Let's give this guy a chance."

A lot of junta-huggers were posting that sentiment in the months after the coup. It's now been a year and a half since this "reform government" forced its way into power, and we don't have so much as a clear statement of the reforms it intends to implement. In the meantime the constitution (written at the direction of the military after the previous coup) was suspended, a new draft constitution written and rejected, a committee to write another draft is being formed, elections keep being pushed out, etc. Meanwhile the rest of the world looks on and laughs:

"PRAYUTH CHAN-OCHA, Thailand’s prime minister, sometimes resembles a ham actor ad-libbing his way through an audition for a role as an unhinged dictator. “You cannot oppose me. No one will let you do that!” he told reporters this month, before threatening to deal with critics by taping their mouths shut." http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21665016-unelected-dictatorship-thailands-government-finds-china-more-amenable-america-under

How much time do you want to give this guy?

Very well put, heybruce.

"Prayut and the military have no qualifications in establishing a democracy..."

Not only do they not have the qualifications, it runs contrary to their interests. Plain to see for anyone with half an eye open.

Some guys here really think stuff has changed for the better, one poster is utterly convinced the traffic is 'calmer' since the coup.

And this statement made on a thread about being the 2nd worst in the world for road deaths, as it was last year, and probably the year before that.

(Apparently the 1st is Namibia, with a population of 2 point 3 million, and thousands of miles of open desert and savannah, they must drive blindfolded there is all I can say).

back on topic, you can fool some of the people all of the time...

Whilst we are on the subject of road deaths....Didn't the general say that one of the reasons for the coup was to protect the Thai people from the death and destruction on the streets during the protests? How many died during the months of protests?

How many die every day in traffic accidents (approx 40) and I don't see the general doing shit to try and save his people from that tragedy.

He is so full of shit it's sickening but some still love him because he's not a Shinawatra. Fools.