Best place for a/c condensing unit... studio...

bangmai

It has a balcony. So it will go on it, but my question is, would it be better on the concrete floor of the balcony, or a wall mount...in either case, it would be blowing straight out. The wall rack is 800 thb extra, somewhat negligible, but I think it would get a little better airflow on a wall rack. I also like the idea of being able to clean under it. My concern and question is about noise/vibration. Does anyone think the wall mount would be any different for noises? Thanks for your replies!

In my experience, wall-mounting AC units has created unwanted noise and vibration issues. It could be that my condo is cheaply constructed with poor quality walls, though. The only mounting that has been great has been a type of ceiling mount.

post-238093-0-27322400-1446892609_thumb.

I don't know what you call these brackets but they are really good.

would those dampers go between the wall and the rack?

additional ones between wall and rack wouldn't hurt. but i would like to see the faces of the Thai technicians who do the installation when they hear your request laugh.png

would those dampers go between the wall and the rack?

additional ones between wall and rack wouldn't hurt. but i would like to see the faces of the Thai technicians who do the installation when they hear your request laugh.png

kind of like showing the people at Home Pro what a toilet flange is....

If you can keep the compressor unit out of direct sunlight, however you have it mounted, is the best way.

It couldn't hurt, but I think airflow is a lot more important. There are millions of rooftop a/c installations, even in places like Phoenix.

If you can keep the compressor unit out of direct sunlight, however you have it mounted, is the best way.

It couldn't hurt, but I think airflow is a lot more important. There are millions of rooftop a/c installations, even in places like Phoenix.

Obviously airflow is critical... I have solar water heating and that sun does get things really hot so shading surely should be an important consideration as well.

How it is done in Phoenix really doesn't make it right even there! 555+

Ive had a Mitsubishi ac for 12 years and very happy with it. Its completely silent.

I just bought another Mitsubishi and was surprized its quite noisy. After reading this thread, I went out and looked, and the new wall mounted unit has no rubber mounts!

Obviously airflow is critical... I have solar water heating and that sun does get things really hot so shading surely should be an important consideration as well.

How it is done in Phoenix really doesn't make it right even there! 555+

shading of the compressor/condensing unit makes hardly any difference. unrestricted airflow is the alpha and omega. of course Thai installers care a sh** and usually mount 2 or even 3 units on top of each other. i have seen a "top notch" building in Naklua were clusters of up to 20 units are mounted with hardly any distance between them bah.gif