Moving my 6 year old to Rayong English Programme School (REPS) in Ban Chang

sotonfarang

Has anyone had any experience with REPS school, next to Garden International School in Bang Chang?

My daughter is currently studying at Satit Academy near Pattaya but we are thinking about moving her to REPS as Satit`s teaching skills and general running of the school and curriculum is a concern to us.

We paid REPS a visit and their primary year 1 has an expat teacher in each class, the head of primary is a lovely australian lady and the school principle and deputy are also expats. This just seems alot better than being taught by Fillipinos at Satit, with the school being owned and run by Thais.I now correct the English in her school diary that her teacher has written for us and mark it out of ten each day, its that bad. I dont really want my child being taught english and other subjects by people that cant even understand it themselves, craziness in my eyes.

The roads are better to get to REPS every day from Bang Saray too, where we live. Better than whacky races every morning and evening along Sukhumvit Rd.

We are stuck at the moment and was hoping that some advice will help us decide the best deal for our daughter. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

I haven`t heard anything regarding the 2.30 finishes at Satit, I did read something about it regarding the government Thai schools, but I suppose Satit is privately owned so may not be affected.

Just seems like another cash cow as pupils can still pay for extra classes.

Its such a gamble moving her but she just doesnt seem happy at Satit and the education is rubbish, I suppose we could always move her back if REPS is not suitable. All wee, part of being a parent i suppose.