Voluntary work around Udon Thani.

defib

I am retiring next year to Udon Thani. I will be of retirement age and in UK have always done lots of voluntary work. It helps the charity or organisation, but I also get a lot from giving up my time to try and help. Does anyone know of an ongoing charity or organisation in Udon, or say within 30 miles, that I could give my time and maybe some money to? I have tried google but have found nothing

active at the moment. Thanks.

Thanks for replies. I will be staying at Centara Hotel when I come over so will be there when the Rotary Club meet on Mondays. It is strange how little information is around regarding voluntary work when there must be the need. Perhaps when there it will be easier to find places who require help.

Edited by defib

There may indeed be places/ NGO's in need of your assistance around Udon Thani but very few if any of them will make any of their information available in English or be able to do much with non-Thai speaking volunteers. That's why I suggested the Rotary as a good place to start although I have no connection with them.