Cheapest flights for years

Briggsy

With cheap oil prices and the strong £, flight prices (for those paying in £) are the cheapest for years.

I have just seen a Bangkok to Stansted return on Germanwings/Eurowings for February advertised at £383. Just a 2 hour stopover in Cologne. Brilliant.

I'm flying AMS-BKK with Malaysian biz class next month for £970.

The benefits of booking well ahead.

I'm finding that whilst economy fares have dropped quite a lot due to the falling oil price the average cost of business class to the UK has barely moved (the same applies to the occasional promo fares that happen a couple of times each year with many airlines).

Your low Malaysian price may be due more to the incidents they had over the last couple of years than the falling cost of fuel.

I'm flying AMS-BKK with Malaysian biz class next month for £970.

The benefits of booking well ahead.

I'm finding that whilst economy fares have dropped quite a lot due to the falling oil price the average cost of business class to the UK has barely moved (the same applies to the occasional promo fares that happen a couple of times each year with many airlines).

Your low Malaysian price may be due more to the incidents they had over the last couple of years than the falling cost of fuel.

interesting fact was the recent very small price difference between business and first with some of the Gulf airlines. early september i flew Emirates first BKK-DXB-FRA-DXB-BKK for THB ~THB 116,000 when business was ~THB 104,000!

Just paid £ 490 London to krabi one way,yes it's expensive but when you are staying 8 months they will not give any deals,if I had wanted a 1 month return could have got it for £535 with Thai .

I don't mind always stick with Thai air do not have to go through Bangkok immigration queues ,collect air miles and will be getting a free bussines class flight with them next year

With cheap oil prices and the strong £, flight prices (for those paying in £) are the cheapest for years.

I have just seen a Bangkok to Stansted return on Germanwings/Eurowings for February advertised at £383. Just a 2 hour stopover in Cologne. Brilliant.

I managed to get a cheap, but a little bit scary flight with this old established German airline, was not much in flight entertainment, toilet facilities were basic (pee out of the window), duty free was none existent. But the highlight was when I was allowed to fire the twin machine guns at the unsuspecting baggage handlers at Bangkok airport! Would use them again!

post-222557-14470373456244_thumb.jpg

Just paid £435 return with Emirates, LGW-BKK... Lots of good deals out there.

"Lots of good deals out there."

So why didn't you get one?

Sorry, maybe you have a better deal that suits my travel plans !

Cheap Flights To Bangkok - Netflights.com‎

Bangkok Only £331 Return - flyandsave.co.uk‎

Flights to Bangkok - Skyscanner

Cheap Flights to Bangkok from £331 - Cheapflights.co.uk

Just paid £435 return with Emirates, LGW-BKK... Lots of good deals out there.

"Lots of good deals out there."

So why didn't you get one?

Sorry, maybe you have a better deal that suits my travel plans !

Cheap Flights To Bangkok - Netflights.com‎

Bangkok Only £331 Return - flyandsave.co.uk‎

Flights to Bangkok - Skyscanner

Cheap Flights to Bangkok from £331 - Cheapflights.co.uk

Obviously you know which dates I'm flying and presume I haven't already searched all those :)

Thanks for your input but I'm quite happy with £435...

Keep in mind that these cheap Eurowings fares do not include luggage, which is very expensive to add, plus other numerous fees involved. No food either.... Better book a legacy carrier for almost the same where you know what you actually pay for and get

interesting fact was the recent very small price difference between business and first with some of the Gulf airlines. early september i flew Emirates first BKK-DXB-FRA-DXB-BKK for THB ~THB 116,000 when business was ~THB 104,000!

First class pricing can indeed be very odd at times. I've seen first going for less than business class on the same airline on more than one occasion.

First class pricing can indeed be very odd at times. I've seen first going for less than business class on the same airline on more than one occasion.

can you think of any logical reason? huh.png i can't!

I suppose that it's due to the automatic demand-based pricing systems that many (all?) airlines now use. The fuller the plane the higher the fares, and I imagine that they must be calculating the demand individually for each class. But it certainly is not obviously logical to the end user.