3g? Thailand Is The Region's Backyard!

danone

in indonesia the first 3G service started - and imagine, cambodia just launched its first 3G service!!!!!!!!!

when I asked a communications' professional when 3G would finally finally finally arrive in thailand (after it has arrived nearly everywhere in the developed world), he said:

no need for higher speeds here.

hutch was no success and most people here own low cost prepaid services ...

3G, he said, was still far away in thailand, despite other assurances of mobile phone companies ...

now call your operator! tell them you need 3G! dont know how often I called AIS already, and they always politely say ... well you can guess what they say.

when I asked a communications' professional when 3G would finally finally finally arrive in thailand (after it has arrived nearly everywhere in the developed world), he said:

no need for higher speeds here.

Makes sense if you think about it... with most ADSL users stuck to dial-up like speeds nowadays in the LoS due to a crying lack of international bandwidth, seems that 3G won't bring you much more than GPRS unless you access only domestic sites! :o

Thailand's wireless does have a fair bit going for it. The GPRS (2.5g) coverage is pretty amazing (islands, out to sea, national parks you name it) and it is fantastically cheap. (There is some 3g, but frankly it is still slow and badly overhyped - I'm waiting for 4g).

Compare to (say) Australia which is one big hole with little bits of network in it, and where GPRS service is so expensive that...well lets just say nobody can afford to use it.