Price Of Buffalo

Kimera

My partner's grandpa offered a pair for Bt13,000. I have no idea if this is paeng/tuuk!

That sounds about right - a young buffalo will fetch Bt6-10K. There has been an increase in demand in the area, apparently some small farmers are switching away from "iron buffalos" due to the current fuel prices.

Someone got a very sick buffalo? :D:o

It also depends on who,s asking for the buffaloes. :D

I remember a guy buying a load of household items, bed and all.

Had given his girl enough to buy for all the family and was bragging about how good they where.

Her brother who came with the transport, organised everything for him and told him what he needed to buy.

Even took the money for the buffs and was going to get him a good deal and dependable beasts.

I shook hands with him and wished him good luck as he went off, i can still see his smiling face as they drove away.

He was back in the bar 2 days later.

Turned out the brother was actually his girlfriends wife and got into bed with them after he nodded off.

This really is the land of surprises for the the believers of this calibre.

( he,d only known her a month ) sad i know but :D:D:D

Even he managed a smile when he was telling me, maybe because i couldn,t keep a straight face.

marshbags :D:D:D

Edited by marshbags

Forgive my ignorance. I don't actually know that what he was offering were buffalo. They were off-white, with horns, and everywhere I see them herded on the village streets presumably to and fro feediing spots. Farmer I am not. LOL

They were, however, very healthy and robust.

Edited by siamaloha

Forgive my ignorance. I don't actually know that what he was offering were buffalo. They were off-white, with horns, and everywhere I see them herded on the village streets presumably to and fro feediing spots. Farmer I am not. LOL

Siamaloha,

Those are oxen.

Cent

Brahmin Cattle, 13,000 for a pair sound cheap, but it's a bit like the "how long is a piece of string" question. How old are they, it's it a male/female pair, what weight are they, is anything wrong with them. 13,000 does sound very cheap if they are fully grown.

You could try looking throught the Farming section, we have loads of threads on beef cattle ect

Someone got a very sick buffalo? :D:o

It also depends on who,s asking for the buffaloes. :D

I remember a guy buying a load of household items, bed and all.

Had given his girl enough to buy for all the family and was bragging about how good they where.

Her brother who came with the transport, organised everything for him and told him what he needed to buy.

Even took the money for the buffs and was going to get him a good deal and dependable beasts.

I shook hands with him and wished him good luck as he went off, i can still see his smiling face as they drove away.

He was back in the bar 2 days later.

Turned out the brother was actually his girlfriends wife and got into bed with them after he nodded off.

This really is the land of surprises for the the believers of this calibre.

( he,d only known her a month ) sad i know but :D:D:D

Even he managed a smile when he was telling me, maybe because i couldn,t keep a straight face.

Thanks this I really enjoyed :D

Brahmin Cattle, 13,000 for a pair sound cheap, but it's a bit like the "how long is a piece of string" question. How old are they, it's it a male/female pair, what weight are they, is anything wrong with them. 13,000 does sound very cheap if they are fully grown.

You could try looking throught the Farming section, we have loads of threads on beef cattle ect

Thanks to all for the facts and the entetainment I will check out the farming sites, thanks again :o

Thanks to all for the facts and the entetainment I will check out the farming sites, thanks again :o

Nice one Kimera and good luck with your search for a good deal.

Perhaps there may be someone in the local village / area that is experienced in this type of purchase and the the signs of a quality beast at a realistic asking price.

There are helpful people about who are genuine and will be very pleased to assit you, i,m sure if my Moo Ban is anything to go by.

Edited by marshbags

Just throwing in another opinion, I would say 7 or 8K for a largish, young, healthy beast in a cheapish part of Isan. So the 13K sounds cheap. The off-white livestock sounds like cows. You'll know the difference between a cow and a buffalo if your car hits one.

Nice one Kimera and good luck with your search for a good deal.

Perhaps there may be someone in the local village / area that is experienced in this type of purchase and the the signs of a quality beast at a realistic asking price.

There are helpful people about who are genuine and will be very pleased to assit you, i,m sure if my Moo Ban is anything to go by.

Yes there are many good and genuine people, thanks marshbags :D

Edited by Kimera

Just throwing in another opinion, I would say 7 or 8K for a largish, young, healthy beast in a cheapish part of Isan. So the 13K sounds cheap. The off-white livestock sounds like cows. You'll know the difference between a cow and a buffalo if your car hits one.

Yes thanks it might be difficult knowing the difference if this rain continues we will all be under water :o

Just a few of the "Buffalo" in the Kingdom

post-14263-1160392476_thumb.jpg

post-14263-1160392508_thumb.jpg

post-14263-1160392529_thumb.jpg

post-14263-1160392550_thumb.jpg