2nd retirement visa with no proof of income

bustit997

Just thought I would give the complainers and doomsayers something to turn into a negative as they always do.

For the 2nd time I have gotten my retirement visa with almost no paperwork or proof.I am an American and we have the treaty with Thailand that only requires a notarized letter of income. I now live in Pattaya but hear that the immigration here sometimes goes against the treaty and demands a show of proof of the $800,000 baht, which I won't have for another 3 months. CW goes by the rules and does not. So I drove up to the American embassy and got my income statement notarized. ALL A NOTORY DOES iS VERIFY YOUR SIGNATURE. This means you can fill in any amount you want for your annual income. ANY AMOUNT. Then fill out your TM 7, get all your copies and pic and stuff and wam bam thank you mam your done.

I did have a small problem as I moved from Bkk to Pattaya and they said I must do this now in Pattaya immigration. I said how hard it was to drive up so early and go to The American Embassy then up there, wait 5 hours to be called and then told no. I asked if I could give my BF Bkk address and they agreed. Except for the wait it only took about 5-10 min.

Easy peasy .

Seeing US taxpayers have bribed Thailand so much,you should have a special deal,but your insular view forgets the rest of the world.How you going with reporting all your revenue with the Thai banks,thankfully something the rest of the world doesn't have to do.Give me the latter,any day.

Yes easy as pie for the us persons obtaining a fraudulent notarised income letter without actual proof of income, wish we brits and the like can do same although many agencies will fix for a small fee.

Another mess that immo needs to address for sure but then here we go again it's loss of revenue but also some of the low lifers who duck and dive to stay here.

1. All countries have the same rights for retirement extensions of stay - there is no treaty that treats Americans differently - the treaty in place is for tax and business; not for staying in Thailand or Embassy letters of income.

2. The signing of paperwork at US Embassy is under oath and it is a serious federal offence to sign a false statement. Other countries can, and some do, use the same system.

Edit: 22 U.S. Code 4221

on conviction shall be imprisoned not exceeding three years nor less than one year, and fined, in a sum not to exceed $3,000

3. The requirement is 65k per month or more income or 800k in bank account here for 3 months (2 first time) or a combination to meet 800k amount per year.

And yet I make nothing and have a 1 year retirement visa. Like I said. All the negativity would come out. YOU CAN'T, but it's not truthful, you lie, but but but.

if your an American and over 50 and want a 1 year retirement visa in Thailand then I say go for it. It is soooo easy.