My wife likes to keep moving furniture around.

Eddy B

Yesterday my wife decided yet again to move the bed, wardrobes and other furniture around the bedroom. She usually just attacks the kitchen and living room with such passion. Well last I did not sleep well as I knew the moment I wanted to use the toilet I would be buggered. Turned out I was correct. I woke-up semi asleep and nearly pissed myself plus stubbed my foot as I was totally lost in the dark in my own damn bedroom. Luckily, before I pissed myself I did manage to find the damn bathroom but it was a close call. Do any of you gents have a wife who has these whims to just completely alter rooms?? I pride myself on my ability to navigate myself half awake to the toilet but last night really buggered up my compass.

My wife does the same & she is not a slave like some Aus & Eng Thai wifes I've met, she's an independent, so I adapt weekly. I like a functional home & she likes a organized pretty home. In the end, my office is off limits except what I put in the trash bins.

My wife does the same & she is not a slave like some Aus & Eng Thai wifes I've met, she's an independent, so I adapt weekly. I like a functional home & she likes a organized pretty home. In the end, my office is off limits except what I put in the trash bins.

I like it that you make her take your trash out good lad!whistling.gif

Never had that problem ever....but one TGF had a very annoying habit of the moment i got up off the couch to do something she would take the tv remote and turn it over to a thai channel.

When i came home to AU she came out about a year later on a working holiday, tv was no more of a problem, but since she had to cook if she wanted Thai food my large refrigerator seemed always full of plastic bags when i looked inside, and when it came to preparing food...i have a 3 meter long island bench with a sink in the centre, she took up that entire bench.

I live in a 260 sq meter house and it felt like i was back in my 40 sq meter apartment in BKK.

Do you normally go to bed in the mind that you might piss yourself? How strange, though fully understand if you're like 95. On the wife, perhaps she's counting on you breaking your neck on your regular sojourns to the toilet. I suggest divorce. [emoji6]

this is not something that would affect someone under the age of 50.

Luckily for me I do not have the same issue with the bathroom antics, I buy fixtures and fittings and suddenly they disappear, one day I swear ima go visits the wife's sons and claim it all back I swear.

As for clothes well I got more than enough but always at a loss as to where to find clean gear as it all waiting to be washed, where as her bless her she thinks I don't spot the new dress/shoes/underwear etc.

My wife doesn't do this - why would she? She's one of those loaded tri-lingual half Thai/half Chinese hi-so types, basically the same as every other Thai Visa member is married to.

However, on the two occasions the mother in law has stayed at our house, within a few hours of arriving she has set about rearranging the living room.

She was house sitting for us when we went to UK last year and when we returned it was like walking into someone elses house.

What's that all about?

Just put it down as item #354640340574045445343 of things I dont understand about Thailand.

Give thanks and get over it. Small price to pay.

Agree with nithisa78

If this is the worst you have to put up with, you're doing ok.

Have you asked her what things about you get up her nose?

My wife has often changed the bedroom furniture.

Count your blessing by looking at her good attributes. e.g. creative?

Too easy to look for the bad.

Too easy to see the speck in her eye and not the log in your own.

Disagree with the "D" word suggested by some.

What will the next one have/do that gets up your nose?

From the frying pan into the fire?

Just thinking.

P.S. Maybe you need a strategically placed automatic night light to find the hong naam?

Archived