My wife likes to keep moving furniture around.

Eddy B

You have to agree 1 weekly day when she is allowed to do that. Atleast she has some energy and want to make it nice. My ex gf hardly cleaned my condo. Just had a nice 28 year girl sleep over at my condo and when i wakeup she cleaned the livingroom. I went to shower and she made the bed and cleaned. So i think yours is a keeper.

My wife has always done so. She would change place of furniture and artefacts and even plants in the whole appartment every month or so. I was wandering about and even posted here on tv to ask if it was specific to thai ladies. I had replies about feng shui too but my wife doesnt know about it. She told me she likes to change. I hope its only about furniture...

Since she doesnt want to change husband (so far) it doesnt bother me and i dont wonder about anymore... i think she s happy with taking care her home and it s ok for me. I see it like an other part of the mystery of those great women and their enigmatic culture. Cheers

Fred

My g/f`s daughter used to come round every other weekend and clean and tidy up,

move furniture and pot plants about, put things away, sometimes never to be seen again.

One day I manned up and told her to leave things alone, yes I like things tidy,

"a place for everything and everything in its place", but don`t keep changing the place.

Now she comes once a month, ignores me, doesn`t move anything or clean, so I am expected

to pay a local woman to come in once a week to give the house a good clean. She eats a couple

of meals, sits for two or three hours talking to the g/f and playing on the phone does an

hours work and goes home with her full day`s pay, plus a couple of bags of produce from

our garden. Talk about "out of the frying pan" I don`t think a falang will ever win, best to

just sit back and remember Doris Day, "whatever will be will be"

No, also, how can you wife move the kitchen around? Are your cabinets not fixed properly?

Also, yo move beds & wardrobes she must be pretty strong. Are you sure she is a 'she'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheesy.gif too funny... spat coffee over my screen @ "she"...

My wife sometimes has a whim to shift the sitting room furniture around . Either I forbid her to do it , or I shift it back again , simply because rearrangement of the furniture doesn't work , makes the room unlivable in . Our bed is too heavy to shift and besides any other arrangement would make her more pressing need of the loo more difficult .

I used to have a wife like that, thankfully no more. Most normal houses have an optimum arrangement of furniture and

Sounds like you either have to tame or leave her.

Bet she loved being a dog in your eyes bet she is happy as Larry now no more you

For the OP, next time, just take a piss in the wardrobe or a dump in the nightstand. She'll get the message.

Or use a pot de chambre, a piss pot, a potty, or a thunder pot.

No need to make that trip to the bathroom when you're half asleep.

Yes very romantictongue.png

Seriously

My brother's first wife (not in Thailand, not Thai) used to do this every 2 weeks. Moved the sofa and all that could be moved. Brother no longer with her, obviously.

The head shrink said that this is part of some kind of mental disorder. I don't stigmatise anybody because they are depressed or suffer these problems, but doing this could be a symptom.

Eddy

My g/f`s daughter used to come round every other weekend and clean and tidy up,

move furniture and pot plants about, put things away, sometimes never to be seen again.

One day I manned up and told her to leave things alone, yes I like things tidy,

"a place for everything and everything in its place", but don`t keep changing the place.

Now she comes once a month, ignores me, doesn`t move anything or clean, so I am expected

to pay a local woman to come in once a week to give the house a good clean. She eats a couple

of meals, sits for two or three hours talking to the g/f and playing on the phone does an

hours work and goes home with her full day`s pay, plus a couple of bags of produce from

our garden. Talk about "out of the frying pan" I don`t think a falang will ever win, best to

just sit back and remember Doris Day, "whatever will be will be"

I can't believe posts like this.facepalm.gif Fire the local woman, tell your g/f it's your way or the highway, and she does the cleaning. No daughter or subcontractor. Doris Day? More like Caspar Milquetoast.bah.gif

No, we tried a couple of arrangements, found the best and have stuck with it for 7 years now.

Everything is sort of defined by location of doors, window, AC and electrical outlets. I don't consider light switches as some half-wit positioned them!

Your wife sounds bored.

My wife does the same & she is not a slave like some Aus & Eng Thai wifes I've met, she's an independent, so I adapt weekly. I like a functional home & she likes a organized pretty home. In the end, my office is off limits except what I put in the trash bins.

I like it that you make her take your trash out good boy

What you see or perceive as slavery could be exactly what the Thai wives are seeking and are comfortable with.

Maybe it is not slavery and could be that the Thai wives are simply looking after their respected and loved husbandsbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png .

My wife has always done so. She would change place of furniture and artefacts and even plants in the whole appartment every month or so. I was wandering about and even posted here on tv to ask if it was specific to thai ladies. I had replies about feng shui too but my wife doesnt know about it. She told me she likes to change. I hope its only about furniture...

Since she doesnt want to change husband (so far) it doesnt bother me and i dont wonder about anymore... i think she s happy with taking care her home and it s ok for me. I see it like an other part of the mystery of those great women and their enigmatic culture. Cheers

Fred

My long held theory is that because of humidity, mold, and pests, leaving things in one place for too long has bad results here. Combined with the former (for some former) annual flooding season it makes good sense here to constantly move things around and clean up the back corners and unseen spots at the same time. Formed this theory after the one maid I ever had here used to completely refold and move into different drawers all of my clothes not on hangers each time she came - and that was only for 3 hours a week!

Archived