recent news about the ED visa in Vientiane or Phnom Pen ?

after the bad news from my school, only 6 months of visa, not one year like before,

I have to go outside soon for a new ED visa

my school gave me the hint to go Vientiane, but I've ever gone there,

I prefer to go Phnom pen in cambodia because i have never gone

do you know some recent experience for doing an ED visa there ?

in Vientiane I've paid someone to do all the papers for me for 3000 B

is it possible to do the same in Phom pen ?

if I do it on the friday, would I be able to get the visa on monday or tuesday ?

I don't think they will reject my new visa, but if it would be the case, I need to do a tourist visa single entry for 2 months ? or I can come back with only my passport for 30 days ?

else do you have a prefered hotel to stay in vientiane or phom pen ?

I mean not far from the embassy with a good ratio quality/price, I would like to pay less than 1500 B for one night

what cool things to do in Phnom pen on the week end ? are there disco in the center ?

what about the security there ?

Have a look at Phnom Penh's requirements: http://www.thaiembassy.org/phnompenh/th/services/1435/21867-Non-Immigrant--ED.html

If you applied on a Friday you might not get the visa until Tuesday if you paid an agent to help you expedite it but you will need to submit your application in person and they can then pick it up.

Your school suggested Vientiane because they know the requirements there. It is still next afternoon service there. But you will have do it yourself. They no longer allow agents to submit the applications.

• Like 1

Hello, I read from previous posts that it took 5 days in Phnom Penh to get the visa. Dont know if that is still the case.

Aside from that PP is more fun than Vientiane, it is safe and it is a bigger city.

You should also look into Ho Chi Min.

Where is your school?

Where is the information that the ED Visa Isis now only 6 months .

The only change I heard is that you only allowed to do 2 in a row not 3 anymore.

After my friend at CHiang mai Immigration was told this last week that he could not now apply for a third 1.

Who would be nice if some one official would put everyone straight on ED visas.

Many schools here for english in Chiangmai still all advertising 1 year. never see a 6 months visa.

All I know a lot of the cottage Industries here in Cm have been completely destroyed by this big shake up.

Good or bad many unhappy Thais and Farangs In Cm with the new Laws.

The only change I heard is that you only allowed to do 2 in a row not 3 anymore.

After my friend at CHiang mai Immigration was told this last week that he could not now apply for a third 1.

Many schools here for english in Chiangmai still all advertising 1 year. never see a 6 months visa.

All I know a lot of the cottage Industries here in Cm have been completely destroyed by this big shake up.

A one year Ed visa is unobtainable within the region.

The only Ed visa which can be had (with the correct paperwork) is a single entry visa which provides a 90 day entry. Further stay , up to one year depending on the course, is facilitated by extensions of stay granted by immigration to those who abide by the visas terms and conditions which includes attending classes.

Non of this is "secret" and was well published !

You can get more than 2 non-ED visas but it depends on where/what you study. Also those foreigners who are living here as monks will now get a non-ED visa (they have stopped issuing non-R) and they can obtain/extend their visa more than 2 times.

where to find the same document for vientiane ? (I've searched 30 minutes without success)

we also need to proof 5000$ on a bank account ?

are there people gone there recently and have some things to say ?

Goggle translate of the requirements posted in Thai on the Vientiane website. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/consular/visa.php

The temporary visas are for further study, training or course work (Non-Immigrant "ED").

The document must include a visa.

1. Admission letter from the institution.
  2. The documents show And student identification document (In that case, the continuing education).
  3. Certificate of foreign student enrollment. Ministry of Education Or the related agencies under the Office of the Private Education Commission. Office of the Basic Education. Or district education office
  4. Chartered Institute of Educational Institutions
  5. Case studies in higher education certificate from the university. And a copy of ID card signed. (For notarised)