Thai editorial: Curtailing knowledge is just plain dumb

webfact

THis is interesting, For years now my friends, who some are fine arts performers in thailand, have complained over and over about the ministry of culture stealing all their money for the arts institution. . Yes, these projects all started out with NOBLE IDEOLOGY. And as we all know THais LOVE to hide behind these noble ideas and cheat their way around and then when caught...out comes this Noble Idea again.

Remember the one laptop one kid policy? noble idea right? what happened to that? Stupid people in this country who behave like they are chinese are the problem. Thailand has already sold is future of children to the media. You cant change it, not for another 10 years im afraid.

Thailands HISO are every thais dream lifestyle. you get to marry girls you rape, mixed kids are superior in everythinhg, HISOs can kill and not worry about it, and younger kids are forced to respect complete losers who are their "P", what better environment to breed corruption, idiocracy(great movie), and discontent?

In another thread today we hear that they are seriously considering closing down a large public library in Bangkok.

Can't have young people reading, they may get dangerous ideas, and discover how much they are missing out under the current regime (s).

I note you had to add 'under the current regime' at the end because it's a whine, not a statement of fact.

After all your Thaksin governments and red-shirt policies, you are as uneducated and ignorant of civilisation in the real world as your predecessors a hundred years ago. Why do you think so many educated farang disagree so strongly with how you think the world should work ?.

But you people always blame somebody else. Your generation has no chance : the damage is done. Let's hope the next government don't spend so much time trying to line their own pockets with the money which should be spent on infrastructure and improving the quality of life for the poor.

You fixation on the Junta is incredibly narrow minded. In the scheme of things, they won't be here long. And they certainly haven't been here long enough for you to blame them for the state of education.

Still using your free tablet ?. Or did it stop working after a couple of months and it was so cheap, you might as well throw it away ?.

I actually said "regime (s)", more than one. I'm surprised that as an "educated farang" you missed that - probably in too much of a hurry to let rip.

I'm not blaming the Junta for the state of education, I am remarking on the proposal that they close down what is a world class public library, but don't let that get in the way of your rant..

You do seem to be rather confused, you veer between addressing me as a "farang", and then as a Thai . I am English; although there have been occasions recently when I confess, having read one or two of your more bigoted offerings, it has crossed my mind to take the Irish passport to which I am technically entitled (through my paternal grandmother) in case people assume that all Englishmen are like you!

As for being "uneducated and ignorant", "incredibly narrow minded", well, in the light of most of your offerings that really is an extraordinary judgement!

Edited by JAG