Orchid ID please

cooked

.. at least it might be an orchid. My wife picked up what I assumed was without a cat's chance in hell's of growing. This was in a national park and had obviously been kicked about quite a bit by tourists, so we rescued it. Fleshy leaves, no fragrance, suddenly blooming like mad.

post-130198-0-97701700-1447211041_thumb.

post-130198-0-59455600-1447211090_thumb.

post-130198-0-63231100-1447211170_thumb.

Beauty! Have some similar and they are lovely... but I have no idea of a name. I grow a lot and can give an idea of the variety but not enough to show I care... I just like growing them and being blessed by their flowering!

Thanks, at least I am not delusional! Did you buy? I have been through literally hundreds of images and a few websites.

Beauty! Have some similar and they are lovely... but I have no idea of a name. I grow a lot and can give an idea of the variety but not enough to show I care... I just like growing them and being blessed by their flowering!

Thanks, at least I am not delusional! Did you buy? I have been through literally hundreds of images and a few websites.

Buy when I see in the markets, trade with friends... just too lazy and stupid to find out the "proper" names (more of the latter before someone calls me out!).

PROBABLY. Brassavola nodosa, which is a genus Wikipedia insists only grows in the Americas. I did see some small differences between my example and the one on Daves gardens, but the life style and appearance are very similar. You can google Brassavola nodosa Thailand, loads of results.

Archived