Actual accurate dates for the Elephant Parade/Breakfast?

Najinsky

Does anyone know what the date or dates for the Parade/Breakfast is during this years (2015) Elephant festival?

I've got friends coming to stay and I want them to be able to see the parade and breakfast (when all the elephants march to the roundabout in battle dress, accompanied by the troupes and bands, and then eat from tables that line the north exit of the 214.

I've seen the announcement here in TV that shows the 'festival' is 13-24 November.

Various websites, such as this and this, give the round-up dates as 21-22 November.

But all the locals my wife has spoken with are telling us it's 19-20 November, except for one who says it's 20-21 November.

I just want to know which date to turn up to witness the parade and breakfast, or if there is more than one date.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this annual confusion.

Andy

Avoid it like the plaque.

Nonsense

This elephant breakfast event and the PHI THA KHON festival in Daan Sai / Loei was one of the highlights of my Thai cultural events / mingling and be merry with locals in the 11 years I am here now

I mingle with all locals but but not those that abuse elephants. That festival is nothing but a TAT scam and does nothing for the betterment and preservation of the elephant.

Archived