Phang Nga Bay tour for solo Traveler

Nealchris33

Hey guys, I'll be in Phuket between December 14 and 17. One of my days there I would like to take a speedboat tour to Phang Nga Bay. Most tours I've found seem to be geared more towards family and couples. I'm not opposed to this but was wondering if there are any tours that are geared more for a younger crowd? I'm a 26yo male.

• 2 weeks later...

Two times in the somewhat distant past, I rented Jeeps on Phuket and drove to a village on the water near where the main Phang Nga Bay tours begin. It was very simple to rent a boat and guide there and take a personal tour of the bay. It was not too expensive, although I can't remember the price. I did this once with one friend, and once with two friends. I had a great time on both occasions.

I'm sure you can still do something like that. You might want to rent a motorbike, drive down there on your own, and see what you can find.

Two times in the somewhat distant past, I rented Jeeps on Phuket and drove to a village on the water near where the main Phang Nga Bay tours begin. It was very simple to rent a boat and guide there and take a personal tour of the bay. It was not too expensive, although I can't remember the price. I did this once with one friend, and once with two friends. I had a great time on both occasions.

I'm sure you can still do something like that. You might want to rent a motorbike, drive down there on your own, and see what you can find.

That's a very good suggestion. I've taken friends/relatives out on private boat tours with no fixed schedule.

Don't follow any of the boat tour signs as you drive from Phuket, wait until you come to road 4144 on the right side at a major set of traffic lights some 10km before Phang-Nga Town, follow that road until you reach a small boat pier & car park. Any of the boatmen there will negotiate a long tail boat hire.