Waterproof grease where to get?

AllanB

I have a jet washer and so waterproof grease is a must, back home I don't use anything else.

You should get some if Papa like playing in the water, you will never buy another bearing, well you what I mean.

As I mentioned before, MrsB is looking forward to my bringing home lots of topsoil for the garden.

Never had a bearing fail.

Never in my life.

Will worry about it if and when.

Marine grease is cheap, used to have a business building off-road karts and buggies for the corporate entertainment industry, where the vehicles were hammered and jet washed daily. After a few weeks all the bearings started going rusty and the client spent a fortune changing them. Mainly due to the end of the day hurried cleaning regime, of blasting everything. Switched to marine grease, end of story and since then don't use anything else.

If I use it here won't have to worry about jet washing the bike.

Edited by AllanB

In homeland as is probably same here used to go to a ships store / boat supply and get marine wheel bearing grease. Comes in tubes or tubs. Designed for trailer wheels that go in water all the time. Can probably even get it at big box retailers or auto supply store.

Quicksilver grease at your Mercury Marine Dealer. Seat Marine 63/2 Moo 10 South Pattaya Rd. Hua Hin????????

Stopped by there today.

Not selling marine grease.

You are kidding of course...a marine supplier on the sea coast with no marine grease, so how long do the boats last there?

Salt water will wash ordinary grease clean in yoctoseconds. TIT....

Edited by AllanB

Had good luck with our mining equipment using wheel bearing grease. Does not wash out - even on loaders that spend all summer in the water. Just make sure that you remove and replace before it freezes. Grease mixes with the water, but no galling or spalling.

Quicksilver grease at your Mercury Marine Dealer. Seat Marine 63/2 Moo 10 South Pattaya Rd. Hua Hin????????

Stopped by there today.

You are kidding of course...a marine supplier on the sea coast with no marine grease, so how long do the boats last there?

Salt water will wash ordinary grease clean in yoctoseconds. TIT....

They did have a bucket of 'Extreme Pressure' grease that the guy offered me a dollop of.

Didn't say 'marine' though.

I picked up some Mercury marine grease today. Marine Grease 2-4-C with PTFE. They did have boat trailer grease from the USA at about a 1/5 of the price.

The fine print on the back says this grease replaces Quicksilver Special 101 Lubricant.

I'm in Trat and if I can get it here then it's got to be available in the big cities, somewhere.

Edited by drift

Stopped by there today.

Your kidding me, right? I was in there last December and they had a Quicksilver display case on the left wall of the showroom.

Tubes like I buy or cartridges

post-63954-0-08767900-1447766027_thumb.j

Had good luck with our mining equipment using wheel bearing grease. Does not wash out - even on loaders that spend all summer in the water. Just make sure that you remove and replace before it freezes. Grease mixes with the water, but no galling or spalling.

Actually someone with experience who knows what they are talking about. Wheel bearing grease for, er, wheel bearings. Correct terminology of galling and spalling. Posting correct info is what a forum recquires...