Farang with baby leaves Bangkok taxi after driver refuses to stop smoking

webfact

Farang with baby leaves Bangkok taxi after driver refuses to stop smoking (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

taxi_smoking.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Officials are tracking down a taxi driver captured in a viral video who kept on smoking despite having just picked up a passenger with a baby.

The video, which received over 400,000 views in two days, shows a foreigner taking his baby out of a taxi in the middle of a Bangkok intersection as the driver continues to smoke his cancer stick without a care in the world.

"He picked up [passengers] and he won't ditch his cigarette, even with a baby inside [the car]. How disgusting!" the woman who took the video narrated.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/13/farang-baby-leaves-bangkok-taxi-after-driver-refuses-stop-smoking-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-13

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shouldn't be too hard to track down with his number plate displayed as well as it is.

Edit: Hope he gets done for having that stupid wind-up key on his rear window as well....................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth

Same as everywhere else in the world: one low life creep doing the wrong thing, 400,000 horrified by it. The difference is that in most places the authorities would deal with him, if only in response to public opinion. Sadly in Thailand it doesn't work that was as a rule

Same as everywhere else in the world: one low life creep doing the wrong thing, 400,000 horrified by it. The difference is that in most places the authorities would deal with him, if only in response to public opinion. Sadly in Thailand it doesn't work that was as a rule

The article did say that officials are trying to track the creep down, so what are you talking about? I hope the guy does get a big fat fine, but what else can they do? What would happen to an American taxi driver if this happened in the US?

15 days and a 1000bht fine? bet he is shi@@ing himeself!

I'm not sure that pay 1000 Bht fine for a thai was good.

1000 bht is nothing for a farang, but for a thai is different.....

...and the health of the baby was nothing to a Thai...

The article did say that officials are trying to track the creep down, so what are you talking about? I hope the guy does get a big fat fine, but what else can they do? What would happen to an American taxi driver if this happened in the US?

In the US, Europe, Canada, UK, NZ, his licence would be revoked, at least for a period. In Thailand, that will not happen, unless the authorities are forced to do it by pressure. In any case rather than the punitive aspect, the real outrage in this is the arrogance and lack of courtesy shown by the driver...that is why 400,000 Thais are complaining. They see the same behaviour go unpunished all the time and nothing changes.

Here is a better idea, forget the tea money, just ban him for life.It should be compulsary for these brain dead imbiciles to undergo attitude adjustment with the military.

Banned for life for smoking in a taxi? You're having a laugh. Lol, good one.

And death penalty for J walkers.

Edited by Linky

So what if it is different for a Thai? make it 10,000 or 20,000baht. If he didn't do wrong he would not pay 1 baht! Let the buggers learn the hard way!

Bit of secondhand smoke for a few minutes. Hardly going to cause any damage.he is smoking out the window anyway

Baby is more likely to get worse issues from ten minutes exposed to the bangkok traffic pollution

Really? you are supporting the Taxi driver ?????

So, if you got in a Taxi and the driver lit up a cigarette you would have no objections ?

So what if it is different for a Thai? make it 10,000 or 20,000baht. If he didn't do wrong he would not pay 1 baht! Let the buggers learn the hard way!

Average monthly salary in Thailand is between 4,863 bahts for a construction worker to 48.036 baths for Airlines pilots

A bus driver is 7.654 baths I think a taxi driver is under 10 000 baths/ month.

In Thailand taxi driver prefers short trip than longer trip

Nah, just batter a poor working Thai Man with your Ferang Nanny Ways. The Ferang looks like a dork best avoided.A puff of Fag Smoke in BKK ?., i never took my kids into such a polluted place,and im a non smoker..Pathetic Knee Jerk response.

Vs a Pathetic response... Not smoking in front of a customer has nothing to do with 'Farang Nanny Ways' as you put it... it has everything to do with common decency and curtesy which clearly in this case the taxi driver is missing.

Regardless of where you are some behaviour is just downright inconsiderate and antisocial... In this case it simply shows a taxi driver who has absolutely no consideration for his passengers.

There is generally negative bias and dislike towards taxi drivers because of guys like this...

Bit of secondhand smoke for a few minutes. Hardly going to cause any damage.he is smoking out the window anyway

Baby is more likely to get worse issues from ten minutes exposed to the bangkok traffic pollution

Really? you are supporting the Taxi driver ?????

So, if you got in a Taxi and the driver lit up a cigarette you would have no objections ?

Nope, not a problem at all. I live in a big city with the usual smog. I eat food with preservatives in them. I lived through years in Oz where smoking and bars and clubs was the norm.

A few minutes in a taxi with a smoker is not going to do one bit of harm to me. Its a non issue to me.

If it was an issue all I would have to do was wait a nano second for another.

Taxi drivers in Bangkok are the worst professional drivers in the world. No respect for there customers and little or no fines to them. His action along with the Thai transportation action are just as bad as his actions. If Thailand want tourist the better get there act together.

Nah, just batter a poor working Thai Man with your Ferang Nanny Ways. The Ferang looks like a dork best avoided.A puff of Fag Smoke in BKK ?., i never took my kids into such a polluted place,and im a non smoker..Pathetic Knee Jerk response.

Vs a Pathetic response... Not smoking in front of a customer has nothing to do with 'Farang Nanny Ways' as you put it... it has everything to do with common decency and curtesy which clearly in this case the taxi driver is missing.

Regardless of where you are some behaviour is just downright inconsiderate and antisocial... In this case it simply shows a taxi driver who has absolutely no consideration for his passengers.

There is generally negative bias and dislike towards taxi drivers because of guys like this...

I would not Lock Horns with You Richard, we are from 2 different generations. Mine stated in War Torn Portuguese Angola .Hence i formulated my values before Google.If i was your age,no doubt id think like You. In fact You sound like my 40 Year Old Kids, so i cant win.thumbsup.gif

I am always amused how a thread gets distorted on issues which are not relevant to the story.

First things first, I am a smoker, but like a few others, I don't smoke in the house (which is mine and I am not a guest in) I do smoke in public, like thousands of others. Let cut to the chase.

1). Are Bangkok taxis smoke free ? If yes, the driver was in the wrong.

2). Are there signs in Bangkok taxis stating its a no smoking zone. If not the the driver or passenger have the right to light up.

3). If there are signs, but this particular driver has removed it, then he could not complain if his passengers lit up also.

4). I won't go through the story again,did the passenger AKA Farang, travel any distance with the driver smoking, or was it a case of stopping the cab, seeing the driver smoking and refuse the offer ?

There are always many sides to a story but the Grandmothers on here jump straight in

Condemn the taxi driver to 24 hours of staying in a pool hall with no breaks to get fresh air...if he survives then he will likely be more considerate of others and possibly give up smoking all together...