Buying fabric in Pattaya/Jomtien

Litlos

There was topic a few years back on this http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/525911-where-is-a-fabric-store-in-pattaya/ which is now archived. I have friends coming to visit and I am being asked where to buy fabric

Basically anyone know and can provide directions a tourist could use to find shops where they sell fabric rather than clothing. In the archived thread it was mentioned that there may be some places behind Tuk Com on South Pattaya Rd.

Cheers

Do you know the (inside) Fresh Market near Tukcom walking on the same side towards the Temple.

Google Streetview link of the entrance here: https://goo.gl/maps/PwVJthZKb892

In there there are places that sell Fabric, it's a bit of a maze biggrin.png

I have actually been in there a few years ago, but did not realise the fabric traders were in there. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers

If you are prepared to make the trip, the best place to go is Chinatown in Bangkok.

Jim Thompson factory outlet at Sukhumvit Soi 93 in Bangkok is a 5 story building stuffed with beautiful fabric that will blow your mind.

Nice Thai cafe & gift shop on the top floor too.

In Pattaya the Jim Thompson shop near Home Works had a small selection too.

Thanks for the updates. This will be a brief trip and no time to go to Bangkok this time

I just found the Jim Thompson outlet in Pattaya after getting stuck at Homeworks with the rain today.

So that gives a couple of options I can point them to. I learned long ago to stay well clear when women go into shops that sell fabrics.

Cheers

There's a place next to Tukcom, run by a very helpful Indian guy who speaks good English. Can't say how his prices compare, but I've been satisfied and don't feel the need to look elsewhere, plus he has a broad stock of fabrics. Easiest way to find it - head down Pattaya Tai towards the beach (Friendship will be on your left), it's the first lane right before Tukcom (that is, it runs alongside it) - go in about 50 metres, and it's on the left.

There's a place next to Tukcom, run by a very helpful Indian guy who speaks good English. Can't say how his prices compare, but I've been satisfied and don't feel the need to look elsewhere, plus he has a broad stock of fabrics. Easiest way to find it - head down Pattaya Tai towards the beach (Friendship will be on your left), it's the first lane right before Tukcom (that is, it runs alongside it) - go in about 50 metres, and it's on the left.

This looks like the one?

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9233125,100.8788078,3a,75y,105.92h,72.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7HwFxASbigmtgTkiXBGFQw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Cheers

Took the visitors to this shop today, they were super impressed. Also looks like they will send by mail so they are going back to buy some more and work out how to arrange for mailing to Oz. Thanks for the input.

Cheers

This looks like the one?

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9233125,100.8788078,3a,75y,105.92h,72.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7HwFxASbigmtgTkiXBGFQw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Cheers

Yes indeed - that is the place - sorry for the late reply. Glad your visitors liked it.

Archived