A night with the 'Rocket Man'

rooster59

A night with the 'Rocket Man'

30272878-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: Tickets for Sir Elton John's upcomong Bangkok concert are selling fast, got yours yet?

Sir Elton John - one of the most popular musicians of the 20th century - is returning to Thailand later this month for a concert at Impact Arena, Muang Thong Thani.

The British singer, pianist and composer, who has sold more than 250 million records in a career spanning almost half a century, is currently on his acclaimed "All The Hits" tour, which features a selection of songs from his highly-acclaimed album, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" as well as other iconic hits.

Joining him on stage are musical director Davey Johnstone (who first recorded with John in 1971 and joined the band a year later) on guitar, Nigel Olsson on drums, Matt Bissonette on bass, John Mahon on percussion, and Kim Bullard on keyboards.

One of the most adored and acclaimed artistes of all time, John's spectacular stage shows are sought after by audiences worldwide. Since his career began in 1969, he has played more than 3,500 concerts in over 80 countries. He is one of the top-selling solo artistes, with 37 gold and 27 multi-platinum albums, as well as 58 Billboard Top 40 singles in the United States. He has also written the music for stage and screen successes including "Billy Elliot", The Musical, Elton John and Tim Rice's "Aida", and "The Lion King" which was recently named the highest grossing stage show in the world.

Recognised with many awards and honours, he was recently named the first recipient of the VRIT's Icon Award, which recognises the very highest level of British music achievement, presented only to iconic artistes whose writing, recording and performances set them apart as having made a lasting impact on the nation's culture.

THAT OLD ROCK MAGIC

Elton John's "All the Hits" concert takes place held at Impact Arena, Muang Thong Thani on November 29.

Tickets cost from Bt2,000 to Bt6,000 at Thai Ticket Major counters. Call (02) 262 3456 or visit www.ThaiTicketMajor.com.

For more information, check out please visit to www.BecTero.com and BEC Tero's pages on Facebook. Twitter and Instagram: BECTERO_ENTERTAINMENT.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/life/A-night-with-the-Rocket-Man-30272878.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-14

Boring old fart, these people never seem to know when to retire.

You may think so jacky54, but the pensionable rockers like Elton John, Dylan, Jagger / Richards and gang, Clapton, Gilmour and the Floyd boys etc can still fill stadiums all over the world. I guess the Timberlakes & Biebers are popular, but will they still be in 50 years.

If Queen was still at it with Freddie up front, they'd need Rajamangala stadium for the overflow.

They don't need to retire,music, it's what they do.

It's supposed to be an excellent show with most of the set being oldies.

I'm away at the time of the gig or I would have considered going. Ironically I'll be in Las Vegas, where he's interrupting his residency for this Far East tour. Typical.

Whatever you think about this guys personal life and preferences, he IS an icon and a fine songwriter/singer and musician.

Respect to him for continuing trying to entertain people, he is a multi millionaire, he does not need to do this.

I believe he does it out of love for music and respect for his fans across the World.

Chok Dee to him.

Were his "husband" and "children" there as welllaugh.png

Pay attention darling, he hasn't been here yet. You can still see him on November 28th.

You will be furnished with further details about his husband when available.

Oh, well done I like it

It's supposed to be an excellent show with most of the set being oldies.

I'm away at the time of the gig or I would have considered going. Ironically I'll be in Las Vegas, where he's interrupting his residency for this Far East tour. Typical.

"It's supposed to be an excellent show with most of the set being oldies". That will make a change, he used to have young boys dressed as children

wearing shorts and dancing behind him while he was "performing".

Think yourself lucky.

How do you know he is the "wife"? He might be the "husband" and the other one the "wife".giggle.gifwub.png

Wife. Husband.

Who gives a <deleted> what his private life consists of?

He's here to sing, collect his money and leave.

Why does that invite snide comments?

You don't like his music? I'm 100% there with you on that, but leave the mans private life out of it.

Edited by Bluespunk

How do you know he is the "wife"? He might be the "husband" and the other one the "wife".giggle.gifwub.png

Wife. Husband.

You don't like his music? I'm 100% there with you on that, but leave the mans private life out of it.

There is nothing private about having young boys dressed as children wearing shorts and dancing behind him on stage.

He was in front of a live audience.

Wife. Husband.

There is nothing private about having young boys dressed as children wearing shorts and dancing behind him on stage.

He was in front of a live audience.

That isn't the post I responded to and you know it.

Edited by Bluespunk