Top Gear producer to sue Clarkson

Jonathan Fairfield

Top Gear producer to sue Clarkson

LONDON:-- The Irish Top Gear producer punched by Jeremy Clarkson is suing the presenter and the BBC for racial discrimination.

Lawyers for Clarkson and the BBC attended a closed-door hearing with Oisin Tymon's legal team at a London employment tribunal on Friday.

The case centres on "verbal abuse" that accompanied a physical attack during which Clarkson struck Tymon in March.

Clarkson, who was dropped by the BBC following an internal inquiry, will front a new show on Amazon Prime.

The inquiry, headed up by Ken MacQuarrie, found Mr Tymon was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

Lawyers Slater & Gordon confirmed on Friday that they had been engaged by the producer.

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-11-14

Good for him. That sort of behaviour should never be acceptable, no matter who you are.

Basically correct, but racial descrimination is pathetic. If he was not such a stupid thicko the incident would not have happened and if he was half a man and Aunty was not so PC it could have been smoothed over. No time for Clarksons temper and less than no time for this w...er and the BBC exec.

If he was not such a stupid thicko the incident would not have happened and if he was half a man and Aunty was not so PC it could have been smoothed over. No time for Clarksons temper and less than no time for this w...er and the BBC exec.

A 'stupid thicko'? Why? What is it you think he did that made the incident his fault?

Even Clarkson himself has absolved the guy of any blame.

If he was not such a stupid thicko the incident would not have happened and if he was half a man and Aunty was not so PC it could have been smoothed over. No time for Clarksons temper and less than no time for this w...er and the BBC exec.

A 'stupid thicko'? Why? What is it you think he did that made the incident his fault?

Even Clarkson himself has absolved the guy of any blame.[/quote

Of course he had to make it all look PC to get his leaving bonus, but if this (I am so dying to say "thick paddy, black, one-legged lesbian") had done his job properly the incident would not have happened. Of course if I actually said that it would be totally unsubstantiated conjecture, nascent racism and ugly misanthropy on my part (sorry grandma)- which seems to be the TV way. I know Clarkson was wrong, I just think the whole thing was missmanaged.

Sorry, mobile phone again (see earlier technical post) this quote should not be contiguous to your post.

Of course he had to make it all look PC to get his leaving bonus, but if this (I am so dying to say "thick paddy, black, one-legged lesbian") had done his job properly the incident would not have happened. Of course if I actually said that it would be totally unsubstantiated conjecture, nascent racism and ugly misanthropy on my part (sorry grandma)- which seems to be the TV way. I know Clarkson was wrong, I just think the whole thing was missmanaged.

Sorry, mobile phone again (see earlier technical post) this quote should not be contiguous to your post.

What do you mean by 'done his job properly'?

Are Paddys a race now?

Yes, well certainly within UK race relation law, basically it is any discrimination, race, religious, sex.

I am sure Clarkson would have made the point he was not English, I am sure if he had been Welsh or Scottish he would probably still have made racist remarks. But their again if he had been a true "Thick Mick" he would have planted Clarkson... whistling.gif

What do you mean by 'done his job properly'?

I mean put food in the belly of the beast. But I know noti n bejabus. I were not there.

He's a producer, not a caterer. The chef had gone home. What's the guy supposed to do?

These people are there to make a TV show. Not pamper some sort of overgrown manchild.

My assistant producer/gofer used to get the local cafe to wrap bacon and egg rolls in tinfoil and leave them in the reception area, when we were away from base, and the shoot was late (or early). If you were assigned to arrange food, you did it, no matter what.

And as my boss said to me, your job is to get the job done, recorded and ready for broadcast on time, no matter what you need to do ...... excuses will get you sacked.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Good for him. That sort of behaviour should never be acceptable, no matter who you are.

He should have pressed charges for assault.

The police would have investigated and then CPS may have then decided to prosecute for any other law breaks such as the racially based verbal abuse to.

Suspended sentence, community service, public reprimand, instant dismissal, is what this boorish bullying oaf deserves. Like so many of his ilk he thinks he's somehow superior and above the law.

He should have pressed charges for assault.

The police would have investigated and then CPS may have then decided to prosecute for any other law breaks such as the racially based verbal abuse to.

Suspended sentence, community service, public reprimand, instant dismissal, is what this boorish bullying oaf deserves. Like so many of his ilk he thinks he's somehow superior and above the law.

Maybe but why has it taken the best part of 8 months to decide to sue...............

Jobs not coming to him so much now maybe.........(pure conjecture)

I love the blame culture, why work for a living when you can be a victim. Clarkson was way out of order but this <deleted> is now suing, my understanding was he accepted the BBC's handling of the incident and it was closed. He's gonna have to <deleted> back to the emerald isle as he will be a target now and his picture is everywhere, if he didn't want the police involved at the time he shouldn't be allowed to sue. some ambulance chasing legal worker has got to him.

Tesla sued Clarkson for lying on his idiotic show (yes, I found Top Gear geared toward 14-year-olds). Extensive road testing all over the U.S. showed the Tesla very well able to traverse at least 200-250 miles, but put it in the hands of a pathological America-basher like Clarkson and suddenly it quits after 50 miles. To be fair, Tesla lost the suit, but that doesn't necessarily mean Clarkson had tested the car honestly and correctly. (And now His Hinee gets to work for an American company, Amazon.)

Edited by Dustdevil

Tesla sued Clarkson for lying on his idiotic show (yes, I found Top Gear geared toward 14-year-olds). Extensive road testing all over the U.S. showed the Tesla very well able to traverse at least 200-250 miles, but put it in the hands of a pathological America-basher like Clarkson and suddenly it quits after 50 miles. To be fair, Tesla lost the suit, but that doesn't necessarily mean Clarkson had tested the car honestly and correctly. (And now His Hinee gets to work for an American company, Amazon.)

No he was only an Argy bargee. If you are a that kind of yank you just wont get Clarkson, he only took the p... out of the stupid parts of the US and he was right. But he loved US muscle cars. Idiot that he was, he was a brilliant idiot loved all round the world. I don't think I would ever care to meet him (or at least his public persona) but TG was a brilliantly funny show and shame it had to end because he could not get any grub after a long day. This what his team under the producer should sort out and he had every right to loose his rag. Though it often looked like the best job in the world, It must have been extremely stressful to make TG. Aunty should have sorted it out better but they could not put up with his pi.s taking. I am sure he doesn't give a monkeys f... but I and millions of others would have liked to see more TG and hope Paddy O'rilley gets sfa. PS the Tesla is as dead as Tesla and TG never ever claimed to test any car honestly.

Actually I think the whole scene must have been a set-up to end TG. This guy had worked with TG for years and I simply do not believe that Clarkson could have resisted calling him all sorts of thick paddy non-PC stuff many times before and vice versa. Part of the show was insulting each other and I am sure the whole crew were always taking the pi.s. I cannot condone him dobbing him, but he did not do any serious damage.

Edited by MiKT

Even Clarkson himself has absolved the guy of any blame.

Well he failed to do as instructed.... but he didn't deserve to be abused by some boor who had been having a few drinks.

Nevertheless I dislike this type of action, it is money-grabbing and pathetic... likely persuaded by lawyers that there is a killing to be made.

Used to be these things were forgiven with a sorry-mate and a hand-shake, instead of time wasting court cases to feed parasites.

Edited by jacko45k

He's a producer, not a caterer. The chef had gone home. What's the guy supposed to do?

These people are there to make a TV show. Not pamper some sort of overgrown manchild.

My assistant producer/gofer used to get the local cafe to wrap bacon and egg rolls in tinfoil and leave them in the reception area, when we were away from base, and the shoot was late (or early). If you were assigned to arrange food, you did it, no matter what.

And as my boss said to me, your job is to get the job done, recorded and ready for broadcast on time, no matter what you need to do ...... excuses will get you sacked.

The guy got him food. Clarkson threw a tantrum because it wasn't steak.