Doctors in Kata

TMQ

Anyone have experience with Kowit clinic near the mai open market on Patak road? I went to see Dr. Chasuk for ear ache but his office was closed for long weekend. Went to Kowit clinic, saw an english speaking doctor on duty and was give 5 bags of assorted pills (two types antibiotics, pain killer, muscle relaxer, and for swelling).... 2500 baht! Wow! A bit expensive I thought. If anyone has experience with Kowit clinic please share. Thanks!

It was expensive because you were given a large number of unnecessary drugs. This is not good quality medical care. Small clinics are usually best avoided in Thailand, tend to be quite substandard. Most doctors have their outpatient hours in hospitals.

I suggest you try Mission Hospital next time - not in Kata of course but not that far. Maybe 18 km. http://www.missionhospitalphuket.com/

P.S. Ditch the muscle relaxant

Being rude to people is not a good method of gaining assistance and information.

You may not agree or be happy with a response, but there is no excuse to be rude.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.