It's a white-throated fantail isn't it?

Very weird location. Bang Plee for this evergreen forest bird. Most likely scenario is it has died on migration en route to the south of Thailand/Malaysia. Migration often occurs at night with the birds flying quite high. The bird was probably exhausted from the migration and so crashed into your windows. I regularly have pigeons fly into mine but they are particularly stupid birds and they unfortunately never die after the collision.

Second scenario is that it is an escaped cage bird and that would explain its presence in Bang Plee.

I have never seen one.

Great bird-watching in the rice fields and salt fields around Bang Plee and Bang Bor but not for this type of bird.

thumbsup.gif

We're between Suvarnabhumi airport and Bang puu but quite rural.

We do get birds hitting the bedroom window, I work from home often and have heard it happen several times.

We have lots of Coucals visiting regular and Koels - I saw my first female Koel in 12 years here just this week, sat outside my bedroom window...saw me and was away in a flash.

Outside our house is a very quiet farmers khlong and then lots of fish fields. Recent highlight for me, aside from the female Koel, was seeing a kingfisher (sorry don't know which type) on several occasions perched above the khlong and flying up and down the khlong to other perches.

I'll keep a look out for a female Siberian thrush over the next few days...you never know.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Siberian Thrushes are long-distance migrants so can, theoretically, turn up almost anywhere.

I've never seen them in Thailand, but I have one never-to-be-forgotten record from Hong Kong. To be precise, in a gully behind the fung shui wood at Tai Om village, Lam Tsuen Valley, N.T., Hong Kong. 1989 or 90.

I was out on a birding walk with a friend when we saw some movement in the vegetation at the bottom of the gully. The first bird to be spotted was an Orange-gorgeted Flycatcher, an easy one to identify, even if it was the first record for Hong Kong. But we saw some thrushes moving along, and they looked interesting, so we concentrated on them.... five or six Siberians, not the first for HK, but my first (and only). We then looked back for the flycatcher so that we could take some notes, and convince others what we'd seen, but no luck, so our 'first record' went unaccepted!