Marriage

sebastian

I have just read on another web site that to get married in Thailand you have to be resident for 4 days, is this correct?

:D

Please dont get married after only 4 days. :o

It took me about 7 years and a divorce to marry my Thai wife.

Well worth the wait though. :D:D

Yeah, the 4 day thing is a drag.

I arrived in Bangkok 2 days ago and met Noi, the girl of my dreams the first night. We were going to get married the next day except for this rule (and the fact that another punter had already bar-fined her for that day).

I arrived in Bangkok 2 days ago and met Noi, the girl of my dreams the first night. We were going to get married the next day except for this rule (and the fact that another punter had already bar-fined her for that day).

Please tell me that this is a wind-up

I recall getting married took me about 3 days, most of that time was spent waiting for documanets to be leagalized.

Took about 5 seconds and 20b to get divorced (after the settlement of 2.5 baht.. sold all "our" assets to a freind for 5 baht before I signed, then gave her half)

I did say it was OK for her to bring the other punter along on the day, only seemed right since he'd already paid her for the day an' all.

I was a bit sceptical about him coming on the honeymoon though.

I did say it was OK for her to bring the other punter along on the day, only seemed right since he'd already paid her for the day an' all.

Great idea can come at the wedding?

And bar-fine the bride?

And bar-fine the bride?

Come on fellas no jokes about the wife.

( OK then, 500 baht and buy me 1 drink)

I have just read on another web site that to get married in Thailand you have to be resident for 4 days, is this correct?

What do you mean by resident for 4 days?

You can come to Thailand in the morning, get your papers early afternoon in your Embassy (well depends of the Embassy... :o ), marry in late afternoon and leave in the evening, no questions asked... :D

Edited by Unknown

How long does it take to get divorced? :o

It depends on the money at stake, usually....I have a friend in the US with two kids and a lot of property shared between him and his ex. When they divorced, he says it took him some two years to get it done completely. I know he spent over $150,000 USD for attorney's fees, and supposedly she spent more....

I have been married and divorced once, on the other hand, with no common children, much more limited assets than my pal, and it took us only one year to get divorced.

I agree with the theme of the earlier posts, however....why not wait???? What is there to gain in doing things so rapidly? If one meets someone so special after only one day, who knows how one will feel after meeting another 5-10 potential partners?

Far more to be gained by waiting than by rushing things, but that is just my opinion. I am betting, however, that sex already happened. Take that out of the equation and I wonder if you would be as rushed?