2002 Audi A6 V6

canthai55

That guy surely knows how to write an advertisement. he left out the

mileage

maintenance history

Still if you are allowed to do an inspection at a garage for damages and needed repairs and include 150,000 baht for a full service with new timing belt, new tires, new brakes etc you will end up with a nice old model Audi. In the Netherlands it would cost about 160,000 baht.

He was doing a great job selling the car until....

" Earn the respect you'll never get from any japanese car of a similar price. "

Looks good though, but the problems begin with the costs of maintaining such a car, so for me, I'd rather not have any respect and get a Toyota. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Broken Record

Listed as 6-cylinder.

Would this be the 2.7 Bi-Turbo?

Great performance motor BUT so expensive to maintain.

Probably time for a new Timing Belt/Water Pump.

NO they are 2.4lt V6 engines.. which replaced the 2.3lt 5 cylinder engine around 1998.

expensive to maintain ? Why ? it is just a question of who you know, the only things that have ever been a problem with mine are electrical + Very cheap to fix [NOT replace, if could not be fixed then, fixed from VW scrap yard parts] bought mine at 10 years old in 2008. one owner full service history and 135,000km..

Womdering why people who cannot buy a brand new German car dont buy a toyota ?

Maybe because for the same year/price a floating barge Camry 2.4 cost the same... myself much rather have the A6. room inside, how it drives and so on..

There again depends on a lot of things, myself it is a 2nd car, and do only about 6,000km max a year in it. The pickup gets about 80,000+ km added per year, and is changed every 400,000 km or 4 years.

Edited by ignis

Womdering why people who cannot buy a brand new German car dont buy a toyota ?

People who cannot afford or do not want to pay for a new German car do buy Toyotas as well as other locally assembled cars.

That is why Toyota & Honda have huge market share.

I realize everyone has different tastes, but to my eyes it's probably the blandest, boring, most understyled car ever manufactured...

It's like they made the initial 'base' clay model, then stopped before the strakes and lines guys got to it.

Edited by IMHO

These odd ball cars and makes are well out of bed now the punters that use to buy them to save 'face' when they couldn't afford a new Vios put a down payment on a new Eco car and play the economy/environment card to the neighbors whistling.gif and as for the sales pitch, could have been cut down to 'Oh God help me i'm in the shit' would send out the same messagelaugh.png .

I realize everyone has different tastes, but to my eyes it's probably the blandest, boring, most understyled car ever manufactured...

It's like they made the initial 'base' clay model, then stopped before the strakes and lines guys got to it.

Have to agree, then added 2 lumps of clay at the front and 2 at the back, and called them lights....... you are talking about all Toyota models right ? most boring blobs of the road.

you are talking about all Toyota models right ? most boring blobs of the road.

hehehe, but a Camry looks stylish compared to the A4 tongue.png

What about the new Fortuner? They've gone from understyling to complete overstyling with that, or how about the Mirai? That car proves that Toyota still haven't learnt that the "future" bits only needs to happen under the skin, not all over it tongue.png They are either extremely boring, or extremely ugly - nothing inbetween. One day they'll poach a good designer I hope :)

Edited by IMHO

What about the new Fortuner? They've gone from understyling to complete overstyling with that, or how about the Mirai? That car proves that Toyota still haven't learnt that the "future" bits only needs to happen under the skin, not all over it tongue.png They are either extremely boring, or extremely ugly - nothing inbetween. One day they'll poach a good designer I hope smile.png

I don't like the design of the new Fortuner, prefer the old one, the one that looks like the new Everest.

What about the new Fortuner? They've gone from understyling to complete overstyling with that, or how about the Mirai? That car proves that Toyota still haven't learnt that the "future" bits only needs to happen under the skin, not all over it tongue.png They are either extremely boring, or extremely ugly - nothing inbetween. One day they'll poach a good designer I hope smile.png

I don't like the design of the new Fortuner, prefer the old one, the one that looks like the new Everest.

555. Until you open a door, then it feels more like a scaled down, cardboard mockup of an Everest tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

555. Until you open a door, then it feels more like a scaled down, cardboard mockup of an Everest tongue.png

True to that. Everest is in a different class. LC class :) And I don't even own one.

Also the brakes of the Everest got recalled before they got shipped out to the dealers. I know this as I was in the meeting with the manufacturer when Ford called and overheard them. This was in February this year.

So that's a good catch from Ford on that part.

Agree, the interior was very nice, Ford has upped the stakes in the SUV segment in Thailand, Toyota will sell more Fortuners, many more, of that I have no doubt, but if I was interested in a new SUV, it would be difficult to pick the New Fortuner over the Everest, so I'll be keeping my old Tuna instead, maybe I can get the interior pimped out and pretend it's an Everest with Toyota reliability. laugh.png