Niman to be one way from Dec 1st

LivinLOS

Saw a map with new plans from the local geniuses in charge of these things. Basically, all the main roads will stay 2 way, but lower number sois will be one way moving from Nimman to Siri with the higher number sois one way from Siri to Nimman. I can't remember the planned start date.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a map with new plans from the local geniuses in charge of these things. Basically, all the main roads will stay 2 way, but lower number sois will be one way moving from Nimman to Siri with the higher number sois one way from Siri to Nimman. I can't remember the planned start date.

This shows December 25.

post-566-0-34252200-1450285817_thumb.jpg

Did we not have this one way soi idea last year? I remember going the correct way down a marked one way soi to be met by a huge bus coming up the wrong way. And something similar every time I went down other one way sois. I no longer go anywhere near Nimman or Huay Keaw because the traffic is so awful. I can do everything I need to do elsewhere in CM.

I saw numerous large signs posted along NH road just last night. I was on foot and had time to consider the large arrow, the probable date, 25 xxx 2015. The prominent message on the top of the poster 'Chiang Mai Traffic Police' helped inform me.

So, IMO, look for traffic chaos on Christmas morning, and i don't mean Santa Claus is coming to town.

They should build a mutiple level parking building for everyone for a small fee somewhere in the middle of Nimman. Then parking should be not allowed anywhere else other than at your own home backyard.
Also Nimman area should be not available for red cars and tuk tuks. Tourists could get a red car from Huaykaew or Suthep road only.

Edited by baywatch82

Noticed this morning while out running (shameless self-congratulatory remark) that crews are painting large white directional arrows on the pavement of the sois to indicate the direction in which traffic should flow. Signs are up on the individual sois also indicating "no right turn" or "no left turn", depending upon the soi.

(Oops, previously reported earlier in the thread.)

Edited by TheAppletons

Noticed this morning while out running (shameless self-congratulatory remark) that crews are painting large white directional arrows on the pavement of the sois to indicate the direction in which traffic should flow. Signs are up on the individual sois also indicating "no right turn" or "no left turn", depending upon the soi.

(Oops, previously reported earlier in the thread.)

no parking on Nimman would help... anyway the whole area has become clogged after they allowed Think Park and Maya to open without sufficient thinking about traffic flow and parking etc.

Why didn't the traffic geniuses whistling.gif simply not copy what they have done in Pattaya for many years. All the Sois connecting Beach Road and 2nd Road are alternate one ways, works fine....

Right, but those sois have exceptionally low traffic. Some delivery pick-ups, motorcycle meatball vendors and some tourists on bikes. There is no real destination traffic, other than for a small number of hotels that have parking.

Nimmanhaemin on the other hand has a lot of commute traffic from people living there, people who need to get out of the area and then back everyday.

Not saying that therefore it shouldn't be one way, just that you can't compare to the tourist center of Pattaya.

Looking at the map, it looks like if you miss your destination coming into the Nimmanhemin area, you have no choice but to get back on the main road -- which will be packed -- fight traffic to cross over to the other side of the road and go back "up" to try again.

The word that comes to mind has two syllables and starts with "cluster."

"The word that comes to mind has two syllables and starts with "cluster." "

Couldn't agree more.

​It's the extension across Suthep Rd that baffles me, not finished yet but looks as though it will go down the Airforce Rd in Wing 41.

Need massive roadworks in Airforce camp.

john