Phuket's 'Hollywood Museum' set for Friday showdown

webfact

Phuket's 'Hollywood Museum' set for Friday showdown
The Phuket News

1447762754_1-org.jpg
Tourists relax in the shades of the trees that are at the centre of Phuket 'Holltywood Museum' maelstrom. Photo: Courtesy of Brian Stamm

PHUKET: -- The date has been set – any persons who would like to express their support or opposition to the now re-designed B40 million Phuket movie scene “museum” on the Nai Harn beachfront can voice their opinion at a meeting on Friday (Nov 21).

The public hearing will be held at the Rawai Municipality office on the Rawai beachfront at 7pm, Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos told The Phuket News today (Nov 17).

“Rawai Municipality officers have finished their study of the new plans for the Hollywood Museum,” Mr Aroon said.

“Our office received the new plans from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MoTS) head office in Bangkok* last Friday. I can confirm that the re-designed plans now mean that not a single tree will need to be cut down in order for the project to go ahead.”

A host of officials have been called to attend the meeting, including MoTS Phuket office Director Santi Pawai, as well as officers from Rawai Municipality Public Works division and the project manager from the construction company hired to complete the project.

Officials from the Department of National Parks have been called to give their expert opinion on the impact of the project on the local environment and local community representatives have been invited to present local residents’ opinions, Mayor Aroon added.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-hollywood-museum-set-for-friday-showdown-55018.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-18

Yesterday there was a big white banner strung in the trees, Thai language, I could not understand it but I'm pretty sure it was a "we don't want it" sign.

I have to be out of town but if anyone does go down on Friday, please ask why this location has been decided as the best possible place for this.