House Owner Report To Immigration?

My Thai partner, (not married) who owns the house in which we have lived together for ten years has been advised by a friend in similar circumstances that she is now required to visit Immigration to "notify" them of a foreigner residing in her house.

Immigration is aware already of my presence in this house as every year I am required as part of my retired visa renewal to produce proof of where I live in the form of an endorsed ( by my partner) copy of the black house ownership book.

Can someone please confirm on this, thanks.

This rule is for new arrivals entering Thailand and report submitted within 24 hours I believe, same as in if you change address report again to the nearest immo office.

Wrong

The report needs to be made when a person takes up residence not only after arrival.

It is the same report hotels make when you check in. That is why they make copy of your passport and departure card.

This rule is for new arrivals entering Thailand and report submitted within 24 hours I believe, same as in if you change address report again to the nearest immo office.

Wrong

The report needs to be made when a person takes up residence not only after arrival.

It is the same report hotels make when you check in. That is why they make copy of your passport and departure card.

Can this TM 30 form be sent by e-mail and what is the e-mail adres (for Bangkok) ?

Tks

Wrong

Up here in Chiang Saen (Chiang Rai province), every year when I renew my yearly extension based on retirement, immigration want the householder to fill in a new TM-30, and I when I do subsequent 90-day reports I need to furnish copies of the house book. Same house for the last 4 years.

Some district offices want it more than once, some on an ongoing basis.

Wrong

Can this TM 30 form be sent by e-mail and what is the e-mail adres (for Bangkok) ?

Tks

On line (not email) reporting is only available to registered businesses.

OK, I got completely confused with lunacy at HH Immigration.

The rumour was, after leaving the country briefly, my wife would have to go within 24 hours of my arrival back and report.

She phoned and initially told me the Immigration Officer had told her this was not so.

When I got back she told me, no 24 hours but we had to go within 1-2 weeks. Huh???

So off we trekked to the Immigration Office. I asked if we had to put in a TM30. The information counter guy looked at me like I was from Mars.

He wanted to see my passport where my 90 day report was due Nov.4. Said I had to make a new report, I was late. No, I said, I just got to Suvarnabhumi Nov.11 (why the don't put an updated report date at the airport I don't understand).

No, have to report.

Senseless to argue so I filled a form our and then went chat with an Officer ( BTW every lady officer I've dealt with in this office has been great). She confirmed that all I needed was a new piece of paper updating the 90 day report date.

So we asked, do we need to put in a TM 30? No, its on your re-entry permit and if the same address, no need.

Sorry about the lengthy response to this. So in my experience, if you're just returning to your registered abode, no TM30 needed.

At least this week.

Its hard enough figuring out the hoops you have to jump through here. When they don't even know their own rules it becomes an impossibility. When every office seems to have their own version and for that matter different people in the same office disagree, its lunacy.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

You should contact your local immigration office and simply ask them which hoops they would like you to jump through.

It would be best to avoid using the word "hoops".

Also, whenever you are nearby, walk into their office and check about new hoops or new interpretations of the existing hoops.

And set up an information gathering network, so that you know in time about personnel changes at the office.

Finally, let me stress this again, never mention hoops.

As our beloved poster Jingthing would say, always carry Vaseline - it makes the experience less painful.

• Like 2

You should contact your local immigration office and simply ask them which hoops they would like you to jump through.

Also, whenever you are nearby, walk into their office and check about new hoops or new interpretations of the existing hoops.

And set up an information gathering network, so that you know in time about personnel changes at the office.

As our beloved poster Jingthing would say, always carry Vaseline - it makes the experience less painful.

Spot on, my wife and I made friends with our local Imm Office in Samut Sakhon.

On arrival in Thailand, my wife willphone the office and let them know I am at her house - job done.

Honey may be better than vaseline he he

Edited by laislica
  • Like 2

There are several topics about this.

Some offices are enforcing the existing rule a home owner must report the presence of a foreigner staying in their home. This is done by submitting a TM30 form.

I note you say some offices, which I haven't noticed before. This is quite reassuring as I've previously asked my wife to call the office for our area to check and they have told her a couple of times not to bother as they already know where I live. The last time was last week as I wanted to know if we had to report when we return from our holiday in Bali in a couple of weeks. The answer was an emphatic "No".

Whilst responding here I'll take the opportunity to thank you for your seemingly tireless attempts to help people understand visa/extension of stay laws, procedures and interpretations. I haven't posted much but I have been reading plenty on here over the past couple of years. We moved here in February, prior to that my Thai wife lived with me in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

OK, from now on I will be hoopless ☺

I too am "hoopless" to date. Never reported with a TM30. Have been on a mixture of Non Imm O and 30 day exemptions for the past 7 years.

Apparently, 2 police came to visit the house whilst I was away last week, 1st time anyone has been and asked about me :)

I'll remain "hoopless" until they put a hoop right in front of me, if I can't side step it then I'll lube up and leap....

• Like 1

The rumour was, after leaving the country briefly, my wife would have to go within 24 hours of my arrival back and report.

She phoned and initially told me the Immigration Officer had told her this was not so.

When I got back she told me, no 24 hours but we had to go within 1-2 weeks. Huh???

So off we trekked to the Immigration Office. I asked if we had to put in a TM30. The information counter guy looked at me like I was from Mars.

He wanted to see my passport where my 90 day report was due Nov.4. Said I had to make a new report, I was late. No, I said, I just got to Suvarnabhumi Nov.11 (why the don't put an updated report date at the airport I don't understand).

No, have to report.

Senseless to argue so I filled a form our and then went chat with an Officer ( BTW every lady officer I've dealt with in this office has been great). She confirmed that all I needed was a new piece of paper updating the 90 day report date.

So we asked, do we need to put in a TM 30? No, its on your re-entry permit and if the same address, no need.

Sorry about the lengthy response to this. So in my experience, if you're just returning to your registered abode, no TM30 needed.

At least this week.

Its hard enough figuring out the hoops you have to jump through here. When they don't even know their own rules it becomes an impossibility. When every office seems to have their own version and for that matter different people in the same office disagree, its lunacy.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like you got a confused immigration officer, confused in that he was mixing up TM30 and 90 day reporting.

I understand it is best to go with the flow in these circumstances and never contradict.

I do feel glad I have to do my administration in Jomtiem, where they do seem to know what they are doing and treat their customers well and efficiently. Nothing required by me yesterday to do my 90 day report other than my passport with previous slip and myself. They even reminded me I had to renew my extension next month,wrote it on the new slip along with the next reporting due date. I expect I will take a completed TM30 with me when I do the extension, but am hearing it isn't yet needed.

• Like 1

No, have to report.

At least this week.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like you got a confused immigration officer, confused in that he was mixing up TM30 and 90 day reporting.

I understand it is best to go with the flow in these circumstances and never contradict.

I do feel glad I have to do my administration in Jomtiem, where they do seem to know what they are doing and treat their customers well and efficiently. Nothing required by me yesterday to do my 90 day report other than my passport with previous slip and myself. They even reminded me I had to renew my extension next month,wrote it on the new slip along with the next reporting due date. I expect I will take a completed TM30 with me when I do the extension, but am hearing it isn't yet needed.

Glad for you.

So your's is different.....

I have a 30 Year lease on a property I bought in my former gf's name (i.e. my name is registered at the land office and on the Chanote). When I did my first retirement extension 4 years ago we were asked to fill in and submit TM28 and TM30. Since then I've simply copied her ID card and the blue book for subsequent extensions (even though I've left Thailand and returned we've never re-submitted TM28/30's.

But now, we've split up and she lives I know not where, so I can't copy her ID card, although still have the Blue house book.

Any idea what I'll need to my next extension?