Shooting Park

susanschwaiger

Wasn't the one in town closed because of a Foreigner going in there and killing himself ?

Link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/591194-south-african-dies-after-gun-incident-at-shooting-range-on-pattaya-beach/

Yes. This one is closed (last time I was in the area).

I always found it somewhat strange that such a place could be operated on Beach road with a simple glass door separating from the crowd.

Only in Thailand?

At many locations in Thailand.....one is at the Beach Road end of Soi 13 there is a stall where a Thai man sells, Machetes, 12 inch Bowie knives, flick knives, knuckle dusters, telescopic batons, possibly tazers ?

If 6 or more Jihadis wanted to they could walk up to the stall pick up the weapons, and walk the length of Soi 13 wreaking havoc death and maiming dozens.

So, without any background checks people being able to pick up guns and blast away like maniacs for a small amount of money is nothing short of unbelievable.

TiT or is it Texas ?

Anyone who believes what they hear on Fox news please don't bother replying to my comments.

At many locations in Thailand.....one is at the Beach Road end of Soi 13 there is a stall where a Thai man sells, Machetes, 12 inch Bowie knives, flick knives, knuckle dusters, telescopic batons, possibly tazers ?

If 6 or more Jihadis wanted to they could walk up to the stall pick up the weapons, and walk the length of Soi 13 wreaking havoc death and maiming dozens.

So, without any background checks people being able to pick up guns and blast away like maniacs for a small amount of money is nothing short of unbelievable.

TiT or is it Texas ?

Anyone who believes what they hear on Fox news please don't bother replying to my comments.

I own sidearms and am a member of a number of ranges including military,Never once have I seen anyone unsupervised be it a member, visitor or serviceman/woman, so this would not happen. As for the OP, Tiffanys in Pattaya offers the best value.

I always find it slightly surreal when calling up Tiffany's to book a ticket for friends from out of town when the phone answers,in a lady's voice, along the lines of For pretty ladyboys show, press 1. to shoot something up good, press 2.

OK....I am holding a gun. I am being supervised by a person not holding a gun and they tell me to point at the target.

Who has the upper hand ?

I rest my case. I will not get into an arguement on a forum or in real life with someone who is proud to own weapons. Does not believe nut cases can turn up at a Thai shooting range "never happen".

Or the kind of people that think it is perfectly OK to sell weapons from a wooden hand cart openly on a street.

And who is next to tell me i am wrong Donald Trump, Bill O'Reilly ?

Am signing off. Bye.

I've been to this place a couple of times. All things considered I would say that it is pretty good really. It has those targets that are suspended from a wire and you/your instructor presses a button to move it closer or further away, and the range is a good length. They have a few different guns you can use: .22's, .38's, .45's, 9mm's. I think they may also have airguns.

Out the back they have a kind of urban assault course kinda thing - targets in doorways, walls you can hide behind etc. I don't know if they would let you try out your Starsky & Hutch moves or not - all a bit too energetic for me and the concept of rolling around with a loaded handgun has got accident-waiting-to-happen written all over it.

They also have a mini clay pigeon/skeet shooting range out the back where you can show off your skills with a pump-action shotgun, which can be quite entertaining, although i found myself to be completely useless at it.

On the subject of safety and people killing themselves at these ranges, there's a fairly grim cctv video out there of a Brit offing himself at one of the Pattaya ranges that I saw once. The supervisor next to him seemed responsible enough - gave him the gun, gave him instructions, waited til he was pointing it down the range before taking the safety off, the guy let one round off down the range, postured like he was going to do the same again and then stuck the barrel under his chin and... well, say goodnight. The supervisor kinda thought about stepping in during the split-second that he realized something was wrong but it happened so fast that all he could've done really was to perhaps knock the gun away but that wouldn't be a smart move, so basically, IMO, unless a range has the kind of rigs that they had at a range i went to in Vietnam where you can only point the gun down the range (which takes almost all the fun out of it) there's always gonna be a chance of people killing themselves at these ranges. I felt sorry for the supervisor when i saw that video - not nice...

OK....I am holding a gun. I am being supervised by a person not holding a gun and they tell me to point at the target.

Who has the upper hand ?

I rest my case. I will not get into an arguement on a forum or in real life with someone who is proud to own weapons. Does not believe nut cases can turn up at a Thai shooting range "never happen".

Or the kind of people that think it is perfectly OK to sell weapons from a wooden hand cart openly on a street.

And who is next to tell me i am wrong Donald Trump, Bill O'Reilly ?

Am signing off. Bye.

+ 1 thumbsup.gif