Phuket King Power mains hookup means water shutoff for residents

webfact

Phuket King Power mains hookup means water shutoff for residents
The Phuket News

1447900696_1-org.jpg
The online map provided by the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) shows the densely populated area of Moo 2 Wichit directly across Chao Fa West Rd from the new King Power mall.

PHUKET: -- Mains water supply will be turned off from 9:30 am in Wichit on November 26 as the Phuket Water Authority connects the new King Power duty-free shopping mall to the mains supply network.

Water supply to areas in Moo 2 of Wichit will be affected by the disruption, the PWA explained in an announcement issued on Tuesday (Nov 17).

However, the notice did not specify which areas in the immediate vicinity would be directly affected, including the brand-new Chaofah 2 housing estate across the road, or the Phuket Villa 5 estate and Kajonkietsuksa School, both also across the road, or the recently opened Dibuk Hospital immediately further along the same side of Chao Fa West Rd as King Power.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-king-power-mains-hookup-means-water-shutoff-for-residents-55031.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-19

I have wondered about that large construction project. So... King Power ... I can only guess to service the every growing Chinese tourist buses ... oh well ...

There have been signs on the wall marking the construction area showing it would become a "King Power" complex for months already.

Guess we can all be happy in Phuket now, because how could we have survived so far without a King Power shopping mall.

I have been to the BKK one once and still don't really understand the concept besides that they bring busloads of Chinese there with organized tours who can do little else than shopping for stuff they don't want/need (or could later purchase at the airport anyways for the exact same price which is more convenient as they will be at the airport for 2-3 hours anyways).

Some tourists sometimes escape the complex in BKK and can be found at the massage parlour or Isaan restaurants across the street, hope they fence it off better in Phuket.

Edited by Bob12345

Don't fret, Lotte Duty Free from South Korea will be in Thailand soon, King Powers contract will be over in another 5 years or less. Its good that the Army finally allow competition in this field, as King Power should not even be call a duty free at all.

I saw a large Lotte Duty Free banner somewhere in Bangkok while on the expressway just last week, not sure if it was just an advertisement or they have already started building or rented a place.